Predator G3 - 605 ... can't access BIOS after upgrade ??

Options
BtsAV
BtsAV Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello everybody...

I'm managing 8 Predator G3 605 and I got a pb: after I tried to upgrade the mSata SSD (60 GB that came with the machine) for a 256 or a 512 GB one, I had weird behaviors from the machines. FYI: there's a 2TB 7200rpm HD in each of them, too. First, I can't boot into windows anymore. So, I tried to reset the whole bunch of them, with a proper USB stick, to no avail. I spent a lot of time trying to make a new windows 10 install... no success.

I've found that I can't boot into anything, nor access the BIOS if I keep the 2 TB plugged in... so I removed the sata cable... and then, I've managed to install a debian (when I got so much trouble, I always try with another OS, usually a classic linux) ... and at least, it booted into Linux. Then, I tried to reconnect the 2TB while the linux was on and I was able to format it. Everything seemed fine... until I tried to install windows again. I've managed to install windows 10 on the 2TB .... but when it rebooted to finish install, I'm stuck at the very first screen and I can't boot into anything, i can't even access the BIOS. If I hit F12 for boot, or F2 for BIOS, the screen confirms the command and then stays stucked there. Right now, I'm totally stucked and I don't even understand why.

I got a bunch of Acer TC-605.... and never had the slightest problem to install/reinstall whatever OS I want... nor to change the disk...

can someone help me ? thanks.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you disconnect the ssd, you can access the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BtsAV
    Options
    It's very hard to disconnect it... I have to remove the GC... it took a moment. at first, I had a black screen and nothing else. another reboot. black screen. ... I remove the battery, unplugged, waited for a moment... replugged without anything. I directly go to a blue screen "window like", with a very very low resolution saying: Recovery.  a required component isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error Code: 0xc0000??02. the "?" is because the resolution is so low, I can't even see what it is.

I rebooted twice... went into the BIOS, tried to reconnect the 2TB. the BIOS refused to see it. I can boot into the USB Stick with the WIn10 install... but it will be the same: install, reboot and then stuck. I did that more than ten times now... on all eight units -____-'

I've tried to remove the mSata on other units and got the same blue screen... only the last number is not always a 2, it's sometimes a 1. It seems it can't work without the mSata ???? wtf ?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    But when you ssd msata, does the boot occur normally? What is the version of the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BtsAV
    Options
    No, not anymore.

System BIOS versions is P11-C0 (at the top of the screen) and at the bottom, it says: 2.15.1236 ...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    When you disconnect msata, can you access the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Let's start a bit from the beginning... If you have a system up and running with the 60GB SSD and the 2TB HDD have you tried using a USB adapter to plug the new 500GB SSD in, so you can clone to 60GB the it? If the system is booting from the 60GB, as I would expect, then all those little partitions that a UEFI system uses need to be copied to the new drive before you can put the new one in. Once you have the 60GB cloned to the new 500GB then power down, remove the old 60GB and install the new 500GB. You should boot to the new drive and the 2TB will still be there as a data drive just like it was before. No need to go through the process of doing a fresh Windows install and mucking around in the BIOS. The G3-605 came originally with Windows 8 or a downrev to Windows 7, so it's using UEFI to boot and needs a GPT drive. The clone process will do all that for you.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BtsAV
    Options
    Hi...

sorry for the delay, I got a lot of work these days.

did clone the 60GB...to a 256 mSata.. and then replaced. AND same behavior.

Tried that on another G3-605, same again.

Question: is there a specific versions of Windows for these machines ? or is there a ID device check ? that would explain the freeze even before I get to the BIOS.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would first check if the sata mode is on ahci in the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Options
    A freeze before you get to BIOS is well before Windows starts doing anything. The first thing that happens when you turn it on is the BIOS initialization, then the UEFI load, then POST, then Windows starts it's load. My guess is you're failing at the UEFI load, which is typically caused by an incorrectly setup UEFI partition. That can happen if you didn't have all the parameters right when doing the clone off the old SSD. Can you boot from a USB install image to use diskpart to view the partitions on the new SSD? If not, how about putting the good SSD in and looking at the partitions on the new SSD with it connected externally?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.