Three proprietary plugs are missing on the new PSU?

Chris3313
Chris3313 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I noticed that three proprietary plugs are on the old PSU, but not on the new one. I am using a stock Acer Aspire AT3-715A-UR11 motherboard and case, but I replaced everything but the original RAM, CPU, and DVD drive. So without these ports connected will it pose an issue? As you can see along the bottom there are several proprietary ports that have pins. My new PSU doesn't have them.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Great! I love it when a solution actually works. :) Please mark the appropriate message as correct so this will come up earlier in the search for the next person with the same question.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• I found this information:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Dear Chris3313,

Do you think you have provided enough information for people to help you
  • billsey
    I don't see any connectors in that area that the power supply would connect to. As egydiocoelho shows, they are all for things like bringing info to the front panel.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Chris3313

Tinkerer

Proprietary Cables run straight from the stock PSU to those ports. I looked for those cords on my new modular  Corsair CX650M PSU, but none of the plugs were there. They were proprietary connectors that used like little tiny pins. Same with the wires that run to the case's power switch.  When I called up Acer all they offered was the model # of the stock PSU and where to buy another stock unit. That's not what I need. I want to be able to support a stronger graphics card if I want. 
  • Can you send a picture of the power supply you purchased?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    I think you aren't tracing it back quite right. Those connectors have cables that go to the front of the case, not to the power supply. They are often all bundled neatly away with some zip ties, but from the bundle they go the front of the case not to the power supply. They provide your power switch, the power LED, and a couple of USB ports at the minimum, and may also have things like a disk activity light included.
  • Chris3313

Tinkerer

Update: Yes you were right. Those cords do in fact lead from the front of the case to the motherboard. I cut the wire ties with some scissors and I was able to successfully remove the old PSU with no problem. Now that my PC has a new PSU it runs like brand new. That was the issue the PSU was either not providing enough juice to the components or going out. 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Great! I love it when a solution actually works. :) Please mark the appropriate message as correct so this will come up earlier in the search for the next person with the same question.