next@acer 2020: Chromebook Spin 713, Chromebook Spin 311

Jose-Acer
Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,339 Community Administrator
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Work from wherever life takes you. The brand new Chromebook Spin 713 was born ready with secure cloud technology and a 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 processor. Meet this ultralight laptop at: next@acer 2020.

Convertible and ultraportable, stay productive all day long.

Check out the rest of the products unveiled during our global press conference, next@acer 2020.

1 - Specifications may vary depending on model and/or region. All models subject to availability.
2 - Based on Acer Inc. internal survey of wireless presentation systems on the market as of 5/21/2020.

Comments

• Drugmule
    Drugmule Member Posts: 2 New User
    I thought the 713 was going to have nvme storage?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Specs say 128GB or 256GB SSD, so very likely they are NVMe, the eMMC drives are usually much smaller. The two blurbs Jose posted don't tell us either way, other than the marketing folks didn't feel it needed to add that to the blurbs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Drugmule
    Drugmule Member Posts: 2 New User
    I asked customer support and got the following reply "Thank you for contacting Acer.

We currently do not have product that include NVME as a specification.

If you need any more information or have further question please do not reply to this email but reply to us online using this link"

Not convinced they know what they are talking about. The blurb also states that the i5 is an 8th gen chip, but it's not, it's 10th gen (according to intel)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    OK, I found a part number for the 128GB SSD, HYNIX HFM128GDJTNG-8310A. From what I see that's a PCIe Gen 3 NVMe drive. They don't tout it as part of their marketing materials, perhaps someone decided it wasn't a big enough factor to put in the blurbs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.