Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

This page has been archived.

The content on this page may be out-of-date or have been superseded by newer information, and links on this page to other sites may not work. This page has been archived for future reference.

Visit our Product Forums for more current content.

Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7 pop-up. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to do?

DouglasSDouglasS Posts: 1Member

Answers

• franciscofrancisco Posts: 1Member

acer updater incompatible windows 7

• davidpowelldavidpowell Posts: 1Member

Over on another site I saw someone quoting a message in French.  Translated, it says, "acer updater for your version is not compatible with the new windows update".  That fits with my experience: it was after a major Windows Update that I got this message.  I followed the prompts, and got led to an Acer download page.  There was a link for each of certain specific models, and one general one for the rest.  I took the latter, as my machine model (5750G) was not listed.  It has not worked; I am getting spontaneous "hangs" now.  I didn't get a chance to explicitly apply the update; not sure whether this actually happened.  (Perhaps it 'hung' before that could complete!).  The component was to patch e-Power management (or something similar).  

• sassie1279sassie1279 Posts: 1Member

Every time I boot my laptop this message pops up and it tells me to contact Acer regarding the issue. This started to occur when I received important updates; the update was included in with my automatic updates, therefore, I would never have been able to prevent the issue. I have no idea what to do because each time I search to resolve the issue it states there is no resolution.

• Acer-BlaynAcer-Blayn Posts: 2,326Moderator Seasoned Practitioner

Try the solution posted at https://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29568. It should resolve your issue.

• MarcoVMarcoV Posts: 1Member

Acer Updater incompatible with Windows 7. Windows does not resolve. What am I supposed to

Did you run the patch or hotfix posted on the link above?

If so, did it install?

Did you get any errors?

• maugs51maugs51 Posts: 1Member

When I click on the link , it says access denied.

Sorry. There was an extra period in the link. The correct link is https://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29568.

• heathervincent4heathervincent4 Posts: 1Member

where do i get acer updater compatible with windows 7 for an aspire 5733

You can download Acer Updater from http://www.acer.com, select the Support tab, then choose your product and OS. The download will be listed under the Applications tab.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online217

Acer-Blayn
Acer-Blayn
Acer-MarkS
Acer-MarkS
IVAN_PC
IVAN_PC
Jimc0
Jimc0
JumboCorn
JumboCorn
Kno63
Kno63
rainbow23
rainbow23
RichieDevitt
RichieDevitt
slipcollide
slipcollide
soerenrousku
soerenrousku
unhappy_customer
unhappy_customer
+206 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Predator Gaming

Unleash the beast within. The Orion 9000 is built for legendary power with Ice Tunnel 2.0 cooling tech and room for up to five 120 mm fans on the front panel.