Can I adjust the colors on Acer spin 3? Mine appear dull and inaccurate.

SuperWorms
SuperWorms Member Posts: 10 New User
I just got an Acer Spin 3. All the colors on it right now look very dull and inaccurate. When I open the same file on other computers the color is much more vibrant and close to the pantone color I used in the design. For example on my acer a bright blue I used is looking really dull and leaning towards purple. Is the display just bad or is there a way to calibrate the colors?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,463 Trailblazer

Jack E/NJ

• SuperWorms
    This article is to calibrate a monitor, not to fix the colors on the laptop screen
  • JackE
    Your one and only display is in fact the laptop screen unless you have an external monitor attached as a 2nd display.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SuperWorms
    Ok got it. This calibration still isn't working to fix my display though. The colors are still appearing very dull, I need to fix the vibrancy.
  • JackE
    OK. Right click on a blank desktop area. What options are presented in the box that pops up? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SuperWorms
    Display settings and personalization
  • JackE
    If there are no other options, click personalization. Click colors. Scroll down to bottom and click hi contrast settings. Click Choose a theme dropdown. Try a high contrast option to see if that changes the faded appearance or just the desktop colors. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SuperWorms
    That did not work it just made it the color scheme really crazy but did not increase the vibrancy of the display
  • JackE
    edited June 2020
    Right click blank desktop area again. Click display settings. Scroll down to advanced settings. Click display adapter settings. In the box that pops up, is there a graphics control panel tab? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SuperWorms
    There is no graphics control panel tab, I have "adapter" "monitor" and "color management"
  • JackE
    Click color mgt. Check box 'use my settings'. Then click the 'add' button. A profile box should appear. Chose an icc profile to see what happens. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• SuperWorms
    That barely changed the colors, they are still very dull.
  • JackE
    >>>I just got an Acer Spin 3. >>>

(1) What  is your full spin3 model number? SP31x-5x-zzzz ? Should be on a box or laptop label.
    (2) How long ago did you get this from the vendor?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Is this problem visible when you take a photo? In addition to colleague JackE, the colors are still bad when you update the video card drivers on the intel website?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • iamgen
    iamgen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi!

I have the same concern with my Acer Spin 3.
    Display color seem too warm and not accurate.
    Pictures appear differently on my laptop.

If I connect a secondary display (external monitor), there is no problem with display colors for that monitor.
  • VGUPTA
    VGUPTA Member Posts: 1 New User
    HI
    I have the same concern with my Acer spin3. display color is showing inaccurate for colours . picrture looks different 
  • JackE
    Go to this link to try to create your own or download & try other .icc color profiles to install on your machine. http://www.color.org/index.xalter

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ