Changing the case on Predator P03-600

Coleman
Coleman Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2020 in Predator Desktops
Hi All, 

I was wondering if could get some help on upgrading the case on my predator P03-600. When buying the PC a couple years ago I needed a quick fix to a predicament I was in but still wanted a computer I could game on. I chose to buy the Predator P03-600 rather then trying to build my own PC, which is what I ideally wanted to do. This computer has served me well and is a really good computer but I'm looking to potentially upgrade a few things on it and move it to a new case. Although I like the look of it I'm looking for something you can see into etc. 

My problem is trying to find a case that would fit the motherboard well. I've spent the last few days trying to find the motherboard type (ATM,MINI-ATX etc) but seems as though there is nothing to describe the type of motherboard it is. I understand the motherboard serves USB ports on either side of it, for front and back ports, and that I would probably lose the use of the front USB ports by moving it to a new case, which I'm fine with. 

Would anyone be able to help me with what kind of motherboard this is? and if possible the type of case that could accommodate the dimensions between peripherals and graphics card etc.

I am somewhat of a newbie to this so apologies if there are some stupid questions or statements above! 

Thanks in advance! 

Answers

• borsti
    borsti Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Hey Coleman,

let me show you a photo, that i took a few weeks ago. It show's the Predators motherboard in a case by Cooler Master. You can see it fits, but it has this bump with the USB-ports for the front panel. I managed to work arround this.

I moved the whole computer to this new case: motherboard, graphics card and power supply. I mounted a new CPU cooler and of course i used new case fans as well, but the computer itself is the same. I just moved it to this new case, booted it and it worked - with a few tweaks. 

The mainboard size is DTX with this bumb for the USB-ports on the right side. DTX generaly fits in to Micro-ATX-cases, normaly it is a bit shorter than a Micro-AITX board. My new case is a Cooler Master Silencio S400. I don't know if it fits every other case. The case should definately be wide enough, since the motherboard is very wide with this bumb. It is generaly as wide as the Predator Orions case itself. 

You also need to find a twek to connect these USB-ports to the front panel of the new case. There still is one free USB-port on the motherboard, but it is only a 4-pin-port wich i connected to an SD-card-reader. I did not find a way to use the front audio ports with the front-panel-audio-ports of my new case.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    @Coleman the motherboard is a DTX form factor. That's a little smaller than a uATX but uses the same mounting holes. Almost all cases will fit a DTX. As you suggest using the front panel ports is a bit of a hassle, but a few extension cables and some playing with a glue gun should get even those working.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PapaParris
    PapaParris Member Posts: 1 New User
    Been researching for hours just to find out that it is a proprietary mainboard, meaning it is basically only compatible with that case. While you can customize your own case, i understand not many people want to do that. The motherboard dimensions are 200 x 321 mm just so u know. Like I said, you could easily make your own case to fit the motherboard but that could be a lot of work.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    DTX isn't proprietary, the mounting holes are the same as uATX. What's different is that arm that sticks out toward the front that holds the front ports. You'll have to live without those ports with a replacement case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BossCruiser
    BossCruiser Member Posts: 3 New User
    even i am looking for the case for this Motherboard. My OLD CPU case is damaged and the colour is faded out and so many scratches. I am not getting the case from either Acer service center or from outside. Don't know what to do
  • Gressex1
    Gressex1 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Have you considered not using a case at all but following the latest trend of mounting all components on a piece of MDF and fitting it to the wall? 🤔 Not recommended if you have young kids 😜
  • Gressex1
    Gressex1 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    ...or pet birds that you let fly around the house - all those fans!
  • BossCruiser
    BossCruiser Member Posts: 3 New User
    Finally, i found a solution. This motherboard is suitable only for the case that comes with Acer predator Orion 
    3000, if your old case is damaged if you are ok with it you can contact the Acer with below-mentioned details. They can supply a new case of it.

Part number: 60.E11D3.001

Name: PO3-600_E.BLACK.....W/O PSU PANEL.CABLE...LEAD-FREE.3NOD

Price around : 3000/-

• Atlantic1
    Atlantic1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2022

Hey! @borsti I want to swap the case of my p03 600 to H510 case, and I have to change the PSU because I'm gonna add AIO Cooler and some more fans. Is it an problem to change the PSU or can you even change it, because the motherboard is so different from the others.