Battery Not charging on my Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G Laptop

MonzB
MonzB Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My battery was charging perfectly fine a few days back, however it suddenly stopped charging it was stuck at 5% two days back and now its not detecting battery 
My laptop is around 3 yrs old 
I have never repaired or have never changed my batteries
Just during this time when the battery stopped charging i had updated windows to OS Build pack 19041.329 Version 2004
My charger is working fine as it powers up the laptop without the battery

I have tried following methods to resolving the issue, but none worked
Pressed the Battery Reset pin on back of laptop for 5 secs , then powered up the laptop after 5 mins
Uninstalled "Microsoft ACPI complaint Control Method battery" drivers... switched off the laptop ...removed my batteries .... turned it on ... switched off..reconnected the batteries and turned it on again
Used SPF/Scannow command ...but there were no errors detected
Bios set to its default values

Kindly advise

I have attached the screen shots for your reference

Answers

• MonzB
    Thanks for the response, but do u think its a battery problem, bcoz a week back it was working perfectly fine
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer
    Yes. It's not perfectly fine now from your description. You can run battery report again with the battery installed to compare its original design capacity with its current capacity which is probably less than 50% if it shows anything at all. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MonzB
    Todays Report
    If u see it was 44933mWh on 19/06/2020 and just within a weeks time it is dead 

• JackE
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, is SystemProtection turned on. If yes, click the SystemRestore button. Click next. Do you have any automatic restore points listed between June 3rd and June 11th? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MonzB
    Thanks JackE for all ur help & support well i have just 2 restores points one is of 16 June and other is of 18th June
    I have gone for a windows update on 16th but it was at around 19:00 hrs and the restore point is at 23:23 hrs
    But i have seen this problem only after i had gone for an update, before this it was working perfectly fine 

Am i doing the battery reset in a correct manner
    I press the Battery reset on back of my Laptop with a pin, but i do it with my laptop in an Off state and with power supply in a disconnected state, but my question is with battery in a dead state and without power supply can we reset the battery

Or am i suppose to press the Battery reset pin when the laptop is powered ON, kindly advise

• JackE
    >>>Am i doing the battery reset in a correct manner>>>

Yes, even though it appears dead, the battery may have enough residual charge to affect the mainboard. So the laptop must be completely off. The charger unplugged. The paperclip pressed down in the battery reset pinhole. To make sure, while pressing the paperclip, you should also press and hold the power button for 30 seconds so no charge is left on the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MonzB
    I tried it but it didnt work ...anything else that i can try
  • JackE
    >>>But i have seen this problem only after i had gone for an update, before this it was working perfectly fine >>>

OK. I'd suggest choosing the June 18th restore point to uninstall the update. However, save any important personal files that you created since then before doing so. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ