Boot Acer One 10 (One S1002) using Linux Live DVD/USB

Caesaro
Caesaro Member Posts: 1 New User
How to boot One 10 (product name One S1002) could be booted to Ubuntu? Enabled and all the options needed to boot from Live Ubuntu using UBD/DVD, disabled Windows boot (has Win 10 pre-installed), Bios recognised USB but always boots to Windows. No options found in user manual, neither Acer customer care could answer. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Go through the steps you have taken in the BIOS to allow for booting from a foreign flash drive. Maybe even take pictures of each BIOS screen so we can make sure they're all done correctly.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Joe78
    Joe78 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

In your bios turn off secure boot.
    And in the secure boot menus delete your save codes and enroll the factory default.
    Save changes and exit.
    Use the micro USB on the side of the tablet not the USB port on the dock this will require a micro USB to USB adapter.
    I've gotten Ubuntu to work on this device
    I highly suggest the 32 bit Raspberry Pi OS for PCS it works without any problems on this device
  • BogRiscUser
    BogRiscUser Member Posts: 1 New User
    Joe78 said:

I highly suggest the 32 bit Raspberry Pi OS for PCS it works without any problems on this device
    Hello Joe!

I have been using my Acer One 10 S1003 with Fedora 34, able to use touchscreen with no extra works, and wifi card with some workarounds. Fedora comes with UEFI 32 bit file and could be installed almost easily.

However my camera and bluetooth do not work at all. And even the audio sometimes works and sometimes not; it does not work at all with Google Meet and Microsoft Teams.

I tried many Linux Distro's and not many come with UEFI file for 32bit. and some would not boot at all.

I use to have Ubuntu working for some months, it is even a bit faster than Fedora, wifi card is detected with not workaround, although touchscreen, camera and bluetooth do not work.

As teacher, we do not have pc's available from the schools and I need to teach Linux to students and so am using my own money (not much) for this. So, I thought and hoped that this computer could be of help, but unfortunately it does not.

I have been trying to install Raspberry Pi OS for PCS since I have seen this your post, though when it boots with the live USB key it does not detect the wifi card. Any help for this?