Acer Nitro 5 2019 AN515-54 Fan Running Over 4000 RPM at Idle !!

xmen1404
xmen1404 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited June 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Hi, I bought an Acer Nitro 5 2019 model OVER A MONTH ago. Recently, I have faced a problem while I was using my laptop with normal tasks (like web surfing or coding), its fan suddenly started running over 4000RPM (according to nitro sense) very loudly and did not stop until I shutdown. The CPU usage was always below 40% and the temperature <= 50*C. I have brought it to Acer Center for maintenance THREE times but nothing changed: 

First time: My laptop was cleaned with the glue replaced. It worked fine for about three hours (I stayed at the center three hours for checking), then I went home and the problem occurred again.

Second time: (Right on the next day) The cooling fans was replaced with new ones, but it did not helped. The fans speed was still over 4000 RPM and I had to bring it back to the center.

Third time: The employee promised to fix the problem completely. I received my laptop after 2 days with the window reinstalled and the BIOS updated. It work fine for about three weeks, and now here it is again. I am wondering if I should bring it for maintenance again or just find another laptop :( 

Is there anyone had the same problem as me? Please tell me whether this problem could be fixed or not?

Thank you very much!

Answers

• Even configuring the fans manually in nitrosense, the problem remains?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xmen1404

Tinkerer

Yes, it cannot help. I set Auto fan and Balance Mode all the time. When the fans run wild, I cannot slow it down by custumizing, but speed it up. I also tried to set fan speed at about 2000 RPS manually when using but nothing different.
  • Other users are also complaining about this. See this table:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xmen1404

Tinkerer

I have also read other similar posts but the only way is bringing for maintenance. Do you have any advice for my situation? 
  • What I can suggest is that you try to update the bios and limit the processor to 99%. But updating the bios is a risky procedure and I am not responsible for any damage.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xmen1404

Tinkerer

I have my BIOS updated to the lastest version three weeks ago, and the processor limit is always 90% but it has made no difference.  
    Thank you anyway!

IS THERE ANY ACER EMPLOYEE HERE?? PLEASE TELL ME WHETHER OR NOT THIS ISSUE COULD BE FIXED??
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Nope, this is not an official Acer support site, its a community forum where users are helping other users.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• xmen1404

Tinkerer

So sad :( 

Anyway, do you think that this is a BIOS issue? I dont know whether I should bring my laptop to Acer Center again or stay at home and wait for a BIOS update?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    I would wait for a new BIOS...
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Huber
    Huber Member Posts: 3 New User

Have you noticed that the problem started when you installed an SSD, I have a nitro 5 an515-54 and the solution I found after many days looking for this problem is to remove the ssd since it heats up the system a lot and does not let the temperatures drop and therefore some strange reason the nitro sense doesn't do it, it only works to raise the RPM, I hope it works.

• @HuberYou can install a heatsink over the PCH to solve the problem. That way when you install another nvme ssd the fans won't be revved up.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer