Missing chip on F672cr motherboard

Options
Vin_23
Vin_23 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I've been planning an upgrade on my aspire m1610. Recently i check its motherboard which is a f672cr micro-atx mobo. Then focusing on buying a graphics/video card since I don't have one yet. I saw a missing chip beside the pci-e x1 port. Is that chip important? And may i know what's it called? So maybe i can replace it.. my pc is still running ok, and i look up on Google other f672cr mobos, and they have the chip

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Likely it's used for some options for different models. Not needed in your case and more likely to break things than add function if you had someone try to solder something in there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That chip socket is usually empty, why are you concerned? It has nothing to do with "planning an upgrade on my aspire M1610 or buying a graphics/video card"? Just buy a graphics card and don't worry about any empty slots "if the mobo works" lol you can either put an 1x Nvidia GPU or a 1x AMD/ATI GPU, his mobo has 2 x PCI 32bit, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16. Y

The most compatible gpu's are the 
    GeForce GT 710, AMD Radeon HD 6450 or the NVIDIA GTX 960 or you can even go up to a GIGABYTE Radeon RX550 Gaming OC PCIe x16, 2GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, DP, 3YR as long as your power supply can accomodate 9has the plugs) and has the appropriate power to power the more modern gpu's, simple. 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    the service manual does not describe what this chip is for:

maybe you can find some information if you find the motherboard wiring diagram.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Likely it's used for some options for different models. Not needed in your case and more likely to break things than add function if you had someone try to solder something in there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vin_23

Tinkerer

Options
    the service manual does not describe what this chip is for:

maybe you can find some information if you find the motherboard wiring diagram.
    I also tried to look at the manual and service guide, there is nothing but how to basics. Maybe I'll try looking for more. Thanks tho
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    you will find this information only on the motherboard electrical diagram.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Vin_23

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    Like its better to leave it as it is as long as your computer is running ok than to try to fix it and mess it up? So this missing chip is like no big deal just as long as pc runs.... Thanksss

• billsey
    Options
    Yeah, if the chip was needed it wouldn't have gotten through the function tests at the end of production. :)
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That chip socket is usually empty, why are you concerned? It has nothing to do with "planning an upgrade on my aspire M1610 or buying a graphics/video card"? Just buy a graphics card and don't worry about any empty slots "if the mobo works" lol you can either put an 1x Nvidia GPU or a 1x AMD/ATI GPU, his mobo has 2 x PCI 32bit, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16. Y

The most compatible gpu's are the 
    GeForce GT 710, AMD Radeon HD 6450 or the NVIDIA GTX 960 or you can even go up to a GIGABYTE Radeon RX550 Gaming OC PCIe x16, 2GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, DP, 3YR as long as your power supply can accomodate 9has the plugs) and has the appropriate power to power the more modern gpu's, simple. 

• Vin_23

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:

The most compatible gpu's are the GeForce GT 710, AMD Radeon HD 6450 or the NVIDIA GTX 960 or you can even go up to a GIGABYTE Radeon RX550 Gaming OC PCIe x16, 2GB GDDR5, DVI, HDMI, DP, 3YR as long as your power supply can accomodate 9has the plugs) and has the appropriate power to power the more modern gpu's, simple. 

Oh okay, I'm just new to this computer/ mobo thingy, so I don't know all the components installed on the motherboard that's why I thought it might be a big deal... Anyways thanks on the advice regarding the compatible gpu's. I really don't have much knowledge 'bout these stuffs /compatibility butIbut do really wish to maximize my pc's capability and upgrade necessary parts so i can use it as past time or something...  Thankss again