I have ACER SWIFT 3 SF315-51G-57QM, i want to upgrade to m.2 nvme . is that slot available ?

Options
Vamshi105
Vamshi105 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
If that slot is available i have three ssd choosen
1. Crucial p1 500gb nvme pcie 3*4 (ctp1500ssd8)
2. wd sn550 250gb nvme pcie 3*4
3. wd sn550 500gb nvme pcie 3*4.
pls suggest one of the above ssd which is right for my Laptop model.

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm not sure which setup your model has now, is the one with  1TB HDD installed and no SSD? If so then yes you have a free M.2 slot and it supports NVMe or SATA SSDs. Any of those you have listed will work, as well as larger ones. Which is best is based on your wallet... :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That depends on your locale, the warranty requirements are different in different countries. Best is to contact Acer support before starting the upgrade.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Vamshi105

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

These are the supported storage types for this Laptop model as replied by Acer Support

Answers

• Vamshi105

Tinkerer

Options
    If any one have already installed m.2 nvme pcie 3*4 ssds in the above said model. pls mention the type of ssds which are compatible. and pls mention about the post installation performance of your laptop.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I'm not sure which setup your model has now, is the one with  1TB HDD installed and no SSD? If so then yes you have a free M.2 slot and it supports NVMe or SATA SSDs. Any of those you have listed will work, as well as larger ones. Which is best is based on your wallet... :)
  • Vamshi105

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:

Yes I have 1tb hdd pre installed and with no SSD. And pls tell me whether self installation of Nvme SSD leads to warranty void ?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    That depends on your locale, the warranty requirements are different in different countries. Best is to contact Acer support before starting the upgrade.
  • Vamshi105

Tinkerer

Options
    billsey said:
    As you said I have m.2 slot which supports nvme SSD. So i can choose any nvme ssd with form factor 2280 pcie 3×4 right from 128gb to 1tb storage capacities, am I right ?
  • billsey
    Options
    And even beyond now that 2TB NVMe M.2 drives are available.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Vamshi105

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options

These are the supported storage types for this Laptop model as replied by Acer Support
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)