Random shutdowns as well as restarts

confusedCoder
confusedCoder Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Dear Acer Community,

I bought my laptop Acer Swift 3 SF314-55G 3 months ago and it works very fine......i ised to play games while being connected to a charger two weeks ago and everything was going very fine.....but suddenly yesterday while playing it shuts down by itself without any kind of notification....i opened then kept playing again and after an hour it again shuts down......then yesterday at night i was just surfing the web without charging it again shuts down while battery was around 70%....

Please sir help me regarding this problem....

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    There are a couple of things that case cause that. If your system is getting too hot it will abruptly shut down when the CPU temperature goes about 100C. You can run an app to monitor temperatures to see if that is what is happening. It will also shut down suddenly if the battery gets too low, and if the battery is poorly calibrated it can decide you are too low even when there's plenty of charge left. Best bet there is to do a battery reset and see if that helps, if not you need to do a battery recalibration. To do a battery reset disconnect power then press and hold he reset button with a bent paperclip. Hold it for 15-30 seconds and release, then wait for 15-30 minutes and plug back in. Wait for the battery to show fully charged and turn it on then test. To do a battery recalibration you run on battery until the system shuts down due to low battery. Plug it in and charge fully with the laptop off, the n turn it back on and disconnect the power again, repeat several times, each time it'll be more accurate with the numbers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.