Freeze - Acer Aspire E1-572G. While installing graphics card driver the unit freeze

Options
sreerajklm10
sreerajklm10 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 12 in Aspire Laptops
Hi guys,

When i tried to install the windows 10Pro Os(Acer Aspire E1-572G) and after successfull booting, I tried to install the AMD Radeon graphic card driver. When the installatioon reaches above 85% my lap gets freezed and it will not respond untill i do a hard reset by pressing the powerbutton for 5sec. Then after that my lap is not getting turned on. Stuck at windows loading screen when booting up.

Please assist me for this to get fixed

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Try re-installing Windows from the installation media. Once it's up and running don't try to install any drivers. Instead, open DeviceManager. Do you see any red or yellow driver warnings? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sreerajklm10

Tinkerer

Options
    Can you please elaborate? 
    You mean I need to install from the usb/dvd directly without going to boot option? :) AND CHECK if it is wokring or not? 

i tried to use with windows 7 also and it is working fine for me. Even in Windows 8.1 also it is working fine, I dont know why when installing windows 10 when installing the driver the system freezes, and it will not reboot again
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>When i tried to install the windows 10Pro Os and after successfull booting, I tried to install the AMD Radeon graphic card driver.>>>

Was booting from the HDD successful or not successful BEFORE installing the driver? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sreerajklm10

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>When i tried to install the windows 10Pro Os and after successfull booting, I tried to install the AMD Radeon graphic card driver.>>>

Was booting from the HDD successful or not successful BEFORE installing the driver? Jack E/NJ

Yes the booting was successful. I tried to install the graphic driver after installing all those necessary drivers.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I tried to install the AMD Radeon graphic card driver>>>

(1) Why did you try to install this AMD driver after successfully booting and installing all those necessary drivers?
    (2) Where did you get this AMD driver?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sreerajklm10

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I tried to install the AMD Radeon graphic card driver>>>

(1) Why did you try to install this AMD driver after successfully booting and installing all those necessary drivers?
    (2) Where did you get this AMD driver?

Jack E/NJ
    1: i mean after installing all those intel driver and only radeon graphic driver was missing, So I tried to install that too

2: I get the driver from the AMD radeon graphic driver from the official site
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. What was the original factory installed Windows version for your laptop? Win8.x or Win7? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• sreerajklm10

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    OK. What was the original factory installed Windows version for your laptop? Win8.x or Win7? Jack E/NJ
    It was windows 8.1.. But When i tried to use windows 7, i dont face any such issues as mentioned. 
  • JackE
    Options
    To install Win7 your BIOS must've been in legacy mode with an MBR partitioned HDD. What mode is your BIOS in with Win10 Pro installed?  Is the HDD still MBR partitioned?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ChristianErwin
    ChristianErwin Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    To install Win7 your BIOS must've been in legacy mode with an MBR partitioned HDD. What mode is your BIOS in with Win10 Pro installed?  Is the HDD still MBR partitioned?  Jack E/NJ
    Hi there,
    im having the same issue here with same model. ive installed windows 10 after converting mbr to gpt but with same issue after that...
    This notebook is designed for Windows 7?
    Ive received this model from someone with windows 10 already installed or upgraded..i dont know exactly...
    Normaly the only issue here could be the ssd that is designe to work as MBR.
    I use now the same ssd on my personal Acer E15 and i dont have freezing issue...but the ssd needs to go back to E1 572g. I hope that will work and not freeze again :))

• JackE
    Options
    Press WIN+R. Enter 'msinfo32'. What is curent BIOS firmware version right pane?

Jack E/NJ

• Dersimli
    Dersimli Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Merhaba BIOS şifremi kaybettim nasıl yapmam gerekiyor
  • JackE
    Options

Üzgünüm. Forum kuralları, güvenlik şifrelerinin nasıl atlanacağına izin vermez.

Sorry. Forum rules do not allow how to bypass security passwords.

Jack E/NJ

• RicardoMorales
    RicardoMorales Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi guys,

When i tried to install the windows 10Pro Os(Acer Aspire E1-572G) and after successfull booting, I tried to install the AMD Radeon graphic card driver. When the installatioon reaches above 85% my lap gets freezed and it will not respond untill i do a hard reset by pressing the powerbutton for 5sec. Then after that my lap is not getting turned on. Stuck at windows loading screen when booting up.

Please assist me for this to get fixed

//Edited the content to add model name.

I'm having the same issue with other version of W10(Home). Do You solved it?
  • RicardoMorales

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Hi there,
    im having the same issue here with same model. ive installed windows 10 after converting mbr to gpt but with same issue after that...
    This notebook is designed for Windows 7?
    Ive received this model from someone with windows 10 already installed or upgraded..i dont know exactly...
    Normaly the only issue here could be the ssd that is designe to work as MBR.
    I use now the same ssd on my personal Acer E15 and i dont have freezing issue...but the ssd needs to go back to E1 572g. I hope that will work and not freeze again :))

Hi, do You solved it? I having the same issue 
  • RicardoMorales

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Try re-installing Windows from the installation media. Once it's up and running don't try to install any drivers. Instead, open DeviceManager. Do you see any red or yellow driver warnings? Jack E/NJ
    Hi, I'm having the same problem now. I've already tried multiple Windows 10 operating systems and different driver updates. Have you found a solution for the problem? Thanks in advance
  • sreerajklm10

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Hi, I'm having the same problem now. I've already tried multiple Windows 10 operating systems and different driver updates. Have you found a solution for the problem? Thanks in advance
    JackE said:
    Hey bro,

I was having the issue with the amd and intel gpu driver conflict and i fixed it by myself aftr a lot of research like around 2 months..

You need to install windows and disable wifi once or lan or whatever ur connected to and download and install this software from  https://mega.nz/file/gmQlTYaY#DetTPSEhNf4Hce3kxJs_OUCFPkovDJ20MEpxyuOcDa8

This will install the basic GPU drivers for both amd and intel if ur using same system as mine
    One installed it will get updated to new version automatically.. 

Try this, hope this can fix the error

• NikoDarkEvil
    NikoDarkEvil Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

what software is that its no longer available i really need it help me please

This discussion has been closed.