Acer Predator G6-710

Options
DonVito
DonVito Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
HELLO i have purchased m2 nvme ssd Intel mp600 , but nothing showing in bios :(  this pcc looks good but ssd liteon is ... also mobo is not good.  So that port is only m2 not nvme support afaik. 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The G6-710 doesn't support NVMe in the M.2 slot, only SATA, and the second M.2 slot (near the CPU) is WiFi only. Remember this design is one of the first ones to use M.2, so doesn't have all the features a newer design would have.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,324 Pathfinder
    Options
    @DonVito
    You need to change sata mode to ACHI then save & exit
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • DonVito

Tinkerer

Options
    Is achi already and the other is raid
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,324 Pathfinder
    Options
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The G6-710 doesn't support NVMe in the M.2 slot, only SATA, and the second M.2 slot (near the CPU) is WiFi only. Remember this design is one of the first ones to use M.2, so doesn't have all the features a newer design would have.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DonVito

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you billsey , what about this WD 3d nand i will return and get this one b+m key.
    Also another question is i purchased 2x16gb ram 2400mhz would this fit ?

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/corsair-vengeance-lpx-2x-16gb-ddr4-2400-dimm-288-ram-5342953 

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/wd-blue-3d-nand-1000gb-m2-2280-ssd-6408461
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Some users were able to install the nvme 600p, see: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Predator-G6-710/24728
    Now, this may depend on the model variant. Does the ssd appear in the bios information tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DonVito

Tinkerer

Options
    600p is different my is MP600 no is not appear on bios .
  • DonVito

Tinkerer

Options
    I also installed 2 stick of ram 16gb each 2x16 gb work fine but only show 2133mhz i share this maybe someone come on this topic from google.
    Tomorrow i will get that ssd from wd 3d nand which is same as stock one pins
    https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/corsair-vengeance-lpx-2x-16gb-ddr4-2400-dimm-288-ram-5342953
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you inform the version of the bios that is currently installed on your desktop? I still think your model is compatible with nvme, see:

Do not update the bios to any version. You must first inform the version that is installed on your computer.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DonVito

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    Options
    Can you inform the version of the bios that is currently installed on your desktop? I still think your model is compatible with nvme, see:

Do not update the bios to any version. You must first inform the version that is installed on your computer.
    I cant update to those bios wont let me i have updated to this only it give me error. I saw that first thing that come in my mind to flash bios but give me drive error

2016/04/12

Version:

R01.A3

Vendor:

Acer

Size:

4.2 MB

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is because the R02 revision of the bios are seventh generation kabylake chipsets.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DonVito

Tinkerer

Options
    Thats why i7 6700k is 6gen but the wd work good 2TB. Check the red ones what says
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    So what Billsey said here is correct:
    billsey said:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    Options
    Yes, the 2400 memory you link will likely work, but at the 2133MHz the chipset supports. It's probably cheaper to get 2133MHz memory instead. The WD Blue looks like it's an M.2 SATA drive, but I don't read the language well enough to fully verify. :)
  • DonVito

Tinkerer

Options
    2400 is cheaper than 2133 :) anyway already got them and working fine. 
    Thank you all
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    you are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DonVito

Tinkerer

Options
    Does gddr6 graphic work on this motherboard? I want to buy this one after some research found that this one is good for the money the 14gb/s variant. I have 3 monitors 1080 the stock graphic one that come with g6 710 is gtx 960 2gb for some reason only two monitor have signal one is pluged to hdmi one to dp the third one dvi to dp cable but no signal https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/product/sapphire-radeon-rx-5600-xt-pulse-6gb-grafikkarte-12545901