Acer XC-605 gpu upgrade in 2020?

Darmz
Darmz Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone who sees this, I just wanted to ask if someone could be helpful and give me a decent GPU that would fit in the XC-605 case as its very small.  I saw a few other posts from almost 6 years ago, im still coping with the intel graphics but ive had enough, cant run anything in 2020 :cry:

Here are my current specs
i5 - 4440 3.10GHz
8GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4600
220W power

If possible, is there any budget GPUs i can use.
Thanks in advance 

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    What do you intend to run in 2020 with your computer? I hope you are not going to use it for heavy gaming. For your computer's memory, I suppose it is DDR3 type. Can you open up your computer and measure the maximum dimension allowed for a possible graphics card? May be there are still some not too slow low end GPU can still be used!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    What you need to look for is a low profile card that gets all it's power from the motherboard and supports running in a 220W environment. There are some available, look first at the GTX 7xx series then step your way up as the pocketbook allows. You can't fit a double thickness card in because the slot is too close to the case. It's also possible find bigger versions of the FLEX power supply, but larger than 300W can be a tough one to find.
    If you are still running on a HDD you'll see a bigger increase in performance from a SSD than from a GPU. I'd do that upgrade first if you haven't already.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.