Predator 27" XB3 - DP max resolution is 1080P (cannot switch higher)

Nukes
Nukes Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi All - Sorry if this has been answered already.  Tried to do a search but couldn't find anything exactly like my problem.  Purchased a brand new XB3 today.  Connected it to my GTX1070 using DP but for whatever reason I can not change the resolution higher than 1080P.  I do have the option to enable Gsync.  Decided to try out HDMI instead and found that I have the option to select any resolution up to 4k (including my preferred 2560x1440) HOWEVER I can no longer enable G-sync.  After reading the forums, it sounds like DP is required for G-sync.  How come I cannot select a higher resolution using DP?  What am I doing wrong?  Note that I am using the cables provided by Acer in the box.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Specs:
27" XB3
Nvidia GTX 1070
Window 10 64bit

Answers

• Nukes
    Nukes Member Posts: 2 New User
    I believe I figured out my problem.  It seems that I purchased the Predator XB273GX which according to the Acer specs sheet has a maximum resolution of HD (1920 x 1080) 240 Hz.  I believe this explains why when I use DP, the maximum resolution is 1080P. 

I still can't understand why HDMI allows me to hit the higher resolutions without G-sync but at least I seem to understand the limitation.   
  • Macy2000
    Macy2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Do you know why my monitor just says no signal ? It’s connected to my cyber power tower but I don’t know if it’s need special hdmi