can you help me?

Options
Sachinpareek
Sachinpareek Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys,

I've got a brand new Acer Swift 3 laptop (SF314-52) operating on Windows 10. My speakers are working fine but when I plug headphones into the headphone jack the sound continues to come out of the speakers...

I've tried everything:
1) Tried right clicking the sound icon, the only available playback device is the speakers, and the option to show disabled devices is on
2) Tried installing the latest audio driver from acer.com (Audio_Realtek)
3) Have then looked for updates available for this driver - none available
4) Have also looked for any windows 10 updates - none available
5) Tried 3 different sets of headphones

I have no idea what to do next! This is a brand new laptop so I'd hope this would be working really...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - thank you!!

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,321 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Sachinpareek
    Set headphone (first enable it this disable options) as default device in sound and playback
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Options
    Good evening Sachinpareek !

The internal connectors are quite firm.
    You must press the connector plug so that it fits until the end.
    No part can be left out.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Go to the realtek audio console program and look for the option called "power management" or something, and change that function.
    REALTEK HD AUDIO MOD For Clevo  NotebookReview
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Also when you first plus the headphones in you should get a notification asking you what they are... If you ignore the notification it'll continue using the speakers.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.