How to reinstall Waves AudioMaxx again?

Options
goosefatbill
goosefatbill Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Guys i need help, i uninstalled Waves AudioMaxx for Acer and now i cant reinstall it back again, because i cant find it in the Microsoft Store anymore. Also, the drivers on Acer Website seems to not be able to be downloaded. After researching about that, it seems that the drivers are too old. Help me pleaseeee. Acer fix these old driversss !!!
Model : PH315-52

Best Answers

Answers

• goosefatbill

Tinkerer

Options
    Well, let's say i do not want to reset my whole computer, but i want to install Waves AudioMaxx and its drivers again. How do I do that? Because it seems to give me some error code whenever i try to install in on my laptop.
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,347 Pathfinder
    Options
    @goosefatbill
    Open device manager→click on your desktop name→views→show hidden devices→action scan for hardware changes 
    Now, right click on your audio driver→update device→automatically update........
                     Restart your laptop and check 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • goosefatbill

Tinkerer

Options
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Okay this is going to be a long long paragraph that I am about to do here. I am going to do a numbered point - journal list thingy to show what I did and the problems that I faced.
    1. So I bought my Acer Predator Helios 300 ( Model PH315-52 ) on March 2020.
    2. I just used it as it is and everything was normal.
    3. As the months went on i realized that my frame rate in CSGO was remarkably low( for a laptop with an RTX 2060 + i5 9300H ), around 190 FPS average.
    ----> Results were from the uLLeticaL benchmark on LOW settings for everything.
    ----> I used s1mple's config ( a pro CSGO player ).
    ----> Keep in mind that the results of the benchmark were the same with and without ThrottleStop.
    4. So when I found out from Jarrod's Tech review of Acer Predator Helios 300 ( his one was GTX 1660TI + I7-9750H ) has around 280 FPS average for CSGO using the same uLLeticaL benchmark on HIGH Settings, I was shocked, scared and sad.
    5. It was this time when i decided that i needed to reset my PC ( I reset my laptop using the "Reset This PC" feature in Settings ).
    6. So after resetting my laptop, I immediately downloaded ThrottleStop and used the same settings that I previously used before I reset my laptop.
    7. Then I downloaded CSGO and ran the uLLeticaL benchmark once again, and i saw a whooping improvement, with an average of almost 300 FPS.
    ----> Results were from the uLLetical benchmark on LOW settings for everything.
    ----> Results with ThrottleStop was slightly better than without ThrottleStop.
    8. So I was over the top and decided to remove the Acer applications that came with it (I assumed most of it was bloatware, which it was ).
    ( Here is the important part )
    9. I also uninstalled Waves MaxxAudio for Acer.
    ----> Keep in mind that when you use Acer Predator Helios for the first time, when you watch a video from Youtube, the camera seems to turn on when you hit play, and camera turns off when you hit pause.
    ----> I learned to fix this by turning off WavesNx + Camera Tracking. ( I did this the first thing after I had reset my laptop and before uninstalling Waves MaxxAudio ).
    ----> I had also done this when I first used my Acer Predator Helios 300.
    10. Here is where the problem arises. Although before uninstalling Waves MaxxAudio I had turned off WavesNx + Camera Tracking, the feature seems to automatically enable after uninstalling the app.
    11. This was a major problem since i can't off WavesNx + Camera Tracking as the app is removed from my laptop. So I tried finding the app in Microsoft Store, and it can't be found.
    12. So I decided to go download the Acer drivers for my specific model of Acer Predator Helios 300 which is PH 315-52. I downloaded the "Audio Utility" and tried installing it. The link that you previously gave me showed that that person managed to reinstall Waves MaxxAudio from the drivers without encountering any issue. But this isn't the case for me. When i tried installing it, following the steps used by the guy you shared the link to, i keep getting error codes which i cant recall. ( I have also tried running it as administrator but to no avail ).
    13. So i decided to reset my laptop again, this time making sure to uninstall all the bloatware Acer apps except for Waves MaxxAudio.
    14. This seems to fix it, but who knows there is someone out there who has been using this laptop for 6 months and accidentally uninstalled the Waves MaxxAudio? What do they do then? Reset the laptop? That does not make sense. And the drivers from Acer site for the Audio Utility for my model seems to be outdated. And it's weird that you can't install Waves MaxxAudio for Acer on Microsoft Store, since the app is only available in Microsoft Store, but no matter how hard you search for it, you just can't find it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• GAMING6698
    Options
    @goosefatbill
    1)Increase CS:GO graphics settings then check fps
    2)run userbenchmark then post result link here

• goosefatbill

Tinkerer

Options
    Umm, how does that help with reinstalling Waves MaxxAudio?? That is just an additional information I gave out xD. 
  • GAMING6698
    Options
    @goosefatbill
    For that wait for @egydiocoelho @xapim @billsey

• goosefatbill

Tinkerer

Options
    @goosefatbill
    For that wait for @egydiocoelho @xapim @billsey
    Alright, I will wait for them.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,740 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are welcome. I do not speak spanish. My native language is Portuguese lol! :+1:
    Still, I'm glad I was able to help you!  =)

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • goosefatbill

Tinkerer

Options
    You are welcome. I do not speak spanish. My native language is Portuguese lol! :+1:
    Still, I'm glad I was able to help you!  =)

My bad buddy xD. I just want to let you know that I truly appreciate you guys' help in the Acer Community :D. I am proud to be a part of it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    No problem my friend B) 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• SuperMario
    SuperMario Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Okay this is going to be a long long paragraph that I am about to do here. I am going to do a numbered point - journal list thingy to show what I did and the problems that I faced.
    1. So I bought my Acer Predator Helios 300 ( Model PH315-52 ) on March 2020.
    2. I just used it as it is and everything was normal.
    3. As the months went on i realized that my frame rate in CSGO was remarkably low( for a laptop with an RTX 2060 + i5 9300H ), around 190 FPS average.
    ----> Results were from the uLLeticaL benchmark on LOW settings for everything.
    ----> Keep in mind that the results of the benchmark were the same with and without ThrottleStop.
    4. So when I found out from Jarrod's Tech review of Acer Predator Helios 300 ( his one was GTX 1660TI + I7-9750H ) has around 280 FPS average for CSGO using the same uLLeticaL benchmark on HIGH Settings, I was shocked, scared and sad.
    5. It was this time when i decided that i needed to reset my PC ( I reset my laptop using the "Reset This PC" feature in Settings ).
    6. So after resetting my laptop, I immediately downloaded ThrottleStop and used the same settings that I previously used before I reset my laptop.
    7. Then I downloaded CSGO and ran the uLLeticaL benchmark once again, and i saw a whooping improvement, with an average of almost 300 FPS.
    ----> Results were from the uLLetical benchmark on LOW settings for everything.
    ----> Results with ThrottleStop was slightly better than without ThrottleStop.
    8. So I was over the top and decided to remove the Acer applications that came with it (I assumed most of it was bloatware, which it was ).
    ( Here is the important part )
    9. I also uninstalled Waves MaxxAudio for Acer.
    ----> Keep in mind that when you use Acer Predator Helios for the first time, when you watch a video from Youtube, the camera seems to turn on when you hit play, and camera turns off when you hit pause.
    ----> I learned to fix this by turning off WavesNx + Camera Tracking. ( I did this the first thing after I had reset my laptop and before uninstalling Waves MaxxAudio ).
    ----> I had also done this when I first used my Acer Predator Helios 300.
    10. Here is where the problem arises. Although before uninstalling Waves MaxxAudio I had turned off WavesNx + Camera Tracking, the feature seems to automatically enable after uninstalling the app.
    11. This was a major problem since i can't off WavesNx + Camera Tracking as the app is removed from my laptop. So I tried finding the app in Microsoft Store, and it can't be found.
    12. So I decided to go download the Acer drivers for my specific model of Acer Predator Helios 300 which is PH 315-52. I downloaded the "Audio Utility" and tried installing it. The link that you previously gave me showed that that person managed to reinstall Waves MaxxAudio from the drivers without encountering any issue. But this isn't the case for me. When i tried installing it, following the steps used by the guy you shared the link to, i keep getting error codes which i cant recall. ( I have also tried running it as administrator but to no avail ).
    13. So i decided to reset my laptop again, this time making sure to uninstall all the bloatware Acer apps except for Waves MaxxAudio.
    14. This seems to fix it, but who knows there is someone out there who has been using this laptop for 6 months and accidentally uninstalled the Waves MaxxAudio? What do they do then? Reset the laptop? That does not make sense. And the drivers from Acer site for the Audio Utility for my model seems to be outdated. And it's weird that you can't install Waves MaxxAudio for Acer on Microsoft Store, since the app is only available in Microsoft Store, but no matter how hard you search for it, you just can't find it.

@goosefatbill - I just did a comprehensive write-up on this, but it's suppressed until it clears moderation. I didn't grab the URL in time, but the title's something like:

"FAQ | Predator PT515-51 | How to get Waves MaxxAudio functional on a fresh Windows install ...Windows Media Creation Tool."

I ordered the Acer Recovery Drive USB for this exact reason but its slow AF, try 2-3 hours. This took a year of on and off trying, but I just figured it out today, so I wrote it up. High-level bullets inbound:

• You can't find Waves in the Store for our boxes, it's bundled in the Realtek drivers, and attempting to install via CMD line as Admin kinda does the trick but not so much (the logs show that it gets installed, but idefk why it doesn't work tbh).
    • On a fresh install of W10, w/o Acer Recovery Media, Waves will install, but it will throw "This device is not supported" when you load it. Awesome.
    • Triton 500's have a NVMe SSD that will melt your buttcheeks in terms of speed, and when you compare the install time with the Windows Media Creation Tool on a USB 3.0 vs the Acer Recovery Drive there's no comparison. 15 min vs 1.5 to 2 hours.
           (Wondering now if the recovery drive USB is USB 2.0, maybe I'll copy those files onto a USB 3.0 drive to test in a VM)
    • I found a PowerShell script that pulls updates from the Windows Catalog, I ran it, and got the latest Realtek Audio Drivers on my box
    • Next, I switched the drivers in Device Manager, as seen here (use the last entry):

• After that, I used the steps that the homie provided you with to that post where that cat tells you to do the things:
      https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/555668/acer-predator-helios-500-wave-maxxaudio-installation-after-format-and-fresh-windows-re-install/p1
    • I installed Waves and voila!

egydiocoelho - Can you poke someone to get my post approved Familia? Was my first one, just made it tonight. It's good stuff and no one has a solution this thorough. It's extremely detailed and will probably work for the Helios family as well.