Acer Spin 5 New Battery will not turn on

Kowboy17
Kowboy17 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just installed a new battery on my Acer spin 5 but it will not turn on. It does turn on with the AC plugged in, but as soon as i unplug it turns off. With the AC plugged in it shows the battery is 100% charged.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Likely the battery is confused, try a battery reset. Depending on model you should find a battery reset pin hole on the bottom of the laptop. Disconnect the power and use a bent paperclip to press and hold the button behind that for 15-30 seconds. Release the button and wait 15-30 minutes. Plug the power back in and wait for it to show fully charged again and then try turning it on normally. Report back with the results.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kowboy17
    Kowboy17 Member Posts: 2 New User
    No luck. I disconnected the AC, then held down the battery reset button for 30 seconds. I left my laptop sitting for 30 minutes (disconnected from the AC). I then reconnected the AC and waited for it to fully charge. Once fully charged, I disconnected the AC and pressed the power button and it did not turn on.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    OK, you've been inside so I'm going to assume you're fairly comfortable with tearing it down... Disconnect and reconnect the cable between the battery and the MB several times to make sure there's no corrosion in that connector. If the connector's battery sense were working but the main leads weren't getting good contact the OS would say the battery is working, but it wouldn't actually work. If that's not the problem then the new battery you got is likely a bad one and you should contact the vendor for a replacement.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.