Switch 11V SW5-173 screen goes upside down when I pull the screen off into tablet mode.

Cycledawg
Cycledawg Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
When I detach the screen and go into tablet mode, the screen goes upside down in 'landscape' mode.  It rotates fine to 'Portrait' mode.  When I flip to landscape or flipped landscape as a tablet it is upside down.  If I attach the screen back to the keyboard in laptop form it is normal and the orientation is fine.  If I put the screen on backwards in presentation mode it is upside down still.  In this mode I cannot use CTRL-ALT -UP.  It used to work fine, but I didn't notice when it started to do this.....probably after a windows update.  I cannot go back to the previous windows since its been more than 10 days.  It appears to be a problem with the orientation sensor, but I can't seem to find a solution.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,476 Trailblazer
    >>> I cannot go back to the previous windows since its been more than 10 days.  >>>

Check anyway. Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If SystemProtection is turned on, click 'system restore' button. Click next. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cycledawg
    Already tried that.  Actually did  a full windows reinstall to factory specs and I still have the problem.  The workaround although it is a hassle is to turn ON rotation lock and individually choose the orientation if I rotate the tablet.  Does anyone have any other suggestions....or does this suggest a hardware issue.....since the full windows 10 reinstall did not fix the issue?
  • JackE
    If a full remove everything factory reset disconnected from the internet doesn't resolve the issue, then it's likely a hardware issue. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cycledawg
    It's not disconnected during the reinstall?  I thought it doesn't reconnect until after the install is finished and you enter the password.  The only way I can think of is to disconnect the router, but that would take everything offline that is on wireless.  Am I missing something?
  • JackE
    Disconnected assures no Win updates can sneak in there before you can turn on system protection in ControlPanel's restore point app. You can turn off wifi with FN+F3 toggle key combo. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Cycledawg
    Thanks for your help....maybe i'll give that a shot later!  For now I'll live with it since I don't use it as a tablet that often, but it just bugs me when something is not working as intended.  :P