Acer Aspire TC-885-UA91 Function Keys

Options
ttttt
ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire TC-885-UA91 for months now. Anybody knows what are the functions of the 12 function keys? Acer's web site has nothing about the keyboard. I am using a generic keyboard now because of a bad key of the original  keyboard. However, if the function keys are useful, I can swap the keyboard back easily. Also, which key is used to wake up the computer from sleep mode?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,867 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    fn + f1 you can switch the display
    fn + f2 suspension
    fn + f3 access email
    fn + f4 activates scroolook
    fn + f5 i think it refreshes the page in the browser
    fn + f6 i think it saves a page in favorites
    fn + f7 seems to activate search on windows
    fn + f8 or f9 decreases and increases the brightness of the display
    fn + f10, f11 and f12 are the media keys
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you send a picture of the keyboard and the model? The keyboard varies by region:
    Klaviatuur Acer KBCR21
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ttttt
    Options
     My is a QWERTY keyboard.  I bought it in the U.S., so it is a U.S. keyboard. The top row has twelve function keys.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Options
    fn + f1 you can switch the display
    fn + f2 suspension
    fn + f3 access email
    fn + f4 activates scroolook
    fn + f5 i think it refreshes the page in the browser
    fn + f6 i think it saves a page in favorites
    fn + f7 seems to activate search on windows
    fn + f8 or f9 decreases and increases the brightness of the display
    fn + f10, f11 and f12 are the media keys

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ttttt
    Options
    Dear Egydiocoelho,

Thank you for answer my question. This give me the answer for the 12 function keys functions when the Fn key is being pressed.
    In combination with the answer from another fellow user for the 12 keys without pressing the Fn key, now I know all about that.

(Seemed to be the same without or without the Fn key pressed!)

Thanks again for the time!
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited June 2020
    Options
    ORIGINAL
    De rien mon ami.
    TRANSLATED

You're welcome my friend.

Edited the content by translating from French to English

Acer-Samuel

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AHKUN
    AHKUN Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hey guy, I have a solution for this particular Acer keyboard model KBCR21. in order to use f1 to f12, you need to cut a small piece of paper clip and insert in the fn key gap. it is handy but it's works.      
  • lioncub
    lioncub Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have a KBCR21 model as well. To toggle Fn on/off, I just press Fn+Esc. I don't know about other models.