URGENT HELP PLEASE power problem acer aspire predator g7750

greywind920
greywind920 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
i desperately need help asap, a while ago i changed the settings on my pc so the power button put it to sleep instead of turning it right on and off and i forgot i did that and shut it down today when leaving this am and now i cant use the power button to turn it back on. there HAS to be a way to bypass this. all my photos and videos of my deceased 2 year old are on this pc i cannot lose it. someone please help i dont know what to do

Answers

• Hello! Try a power reset. To do this, disconnect the power cord and move this button to the "off" position:

Then, press the power button for thirty seconds!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • greywind920
    Hello! Try a power reset. To do this, disconnect the power cord and move this button to the "off" position:

Then, press the power button for thirty seconds!

Acer told me to try this too over the phone but it did not work. They quoted me almost $800 for them to fix it. Well I then spoke to a PC tech friend and they walked me through jumpstarting it with a screwdriver and it fired up and I changed the setting back to normal and now the power button works just fine again. He nearly screaming when I told him they wanted almost $800 minimum to fix this, there was nothing broken it was just a weird glitch because of the setting i changed a while ago, now the button works totally fine again, the jumpstart got it going again. No need to pay $800 for a fix plus probably more for the new power supply they thought it needed, there is nothing wrong with the machine.
  • @greywind920 Can you explain better how you solved the problem? It would be interesting for other users to know exactly what you did to solve the problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • greywind920
    @greywind920 Can you explain better how you solved the problem? It would be interesting for other users to know exactly what you did to solve the problem.

I left the rig plugged in but I took the side panel off and located the wires that connect the power button on the tower to the board and unplugged the connecter that attaches it. I then used a flat head screwdriver and touched it to two pins at a time until I got the right ones and it booted. For me it was the 3rd pins in. I then reconnected the power button and let the computer start up and changed the setting in control panel power options that I had changed before and caused this issue with. The settings there were changed back to default so the power button setting is back to power on/off instead of sleep. Now everything is working fine again, no $800 fix required. Acer repair is a rip-off scam. No technician would charge for that fix. All the other techs I've spoken too laughed at said they would not charge for that since it's so basic and takes seconds to do.

• Thanks my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    You were actually taking quite a risk. Some of the pins on that connector are for an LED and shorting them with a screwdriver can smoke things on the motherboard. A simple long press of the power button would turn it off and you could have then just turned it back on normally. The Windows setting for the power button only affects the momentary press.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.