New PC Build and Acer XG270HU goes black screen with blue light after 10-20 minutes each time - DPI

ja_rod13
ja_rod13 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

Acer 27in 1440p 144hz 1ms refresh TN AMD Freesync monitor - XG270HU

DPI 1.2 connection, cord is one year old and says supports 1440p 144hz (or even 165hz)

(Brand new build below)

ASUS Rog Strix 2080S GPU (DPI 1.4 ports, not 1.2 of monitor)

AMD Ryzen 3700x

2 Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz ddr4 ram

ASUS Rog strix b-450f motherboard

PSU Rosewill 80+ Gold 750W Fully Mod

Goes to black screen with blue light after about 20 minutes with DPI connection

Things tried:

Reinstalling windows

Turning off gsync

Remounting GPU

Different DPI ports on GPU

Reinstalling Nvidia drivers (Current driver up-to-date for Nvidia 446.14)

With only DPI monitor hooked up (have HDMI monitor hooked up too that never goes dark like the DPI monitor)

HDMI cord on this monitor worked fine

Uninstalling any old drivers I could fine

Did a disk cleanup

Temperatures are fine

Does this even when not in games, just on desktop

Bios seems up to date

Windows 10 up to date

120hz instead of 144hz, seems to last longer before going black

I have not tried a new cord yet but will be ordering today.

I can always go back to the screen by unplugging and re-plugging monitor power.

Thank you for any help, very frustrating after new build.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Does the OSD have an option for sleep? It might be thinking it's hit the timeout... Usually if it's doing things like that without it actually being appropriate we can clear the corrupted setting with a full power reset. Disconnect all cables, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds or so, then wait a few minutes before plugging it all back in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Striker211
    Striker211 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hello, I am also having this same issue, but I am using an MSI GE62 gaming laptop. It has a NVIDIA 970M and is using NVIDIA Optimus. I am using a Displayport to Mini-Displayport 1.2 cable.

It is worth noting that this issue appears to only happen when the monitor is set above 100Hz, which shouldn't be an issue as it is designed to go to 144Hz.

I can confirm that there is no sleep setting in the OSD for this monitor, or at least none that I could find.

I have attached my DxDiag file in case that is helpful to anyone who knows something about why this monitor isn't working properly. 
  • Striker211
    Striker211 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have now confirmed that it is not a cable or computer issue as this same issue happens with a completely different desktop computer as well as a DisplayPort 1.4 cable that I just tried. Not really sure what is causing this and it is a very annoying problem.
  • SwampMan7
    SwampMan7 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

I have now confirmed that it is not a cable or computer issue as this same issue happens with a completely different desktop computer as well as a DisplayPort 1.4 cable that I just tried. Not really sure what is causing this and it is a very annoying problem.
    Were you able to resolve this issue? Having something similar happen with my XH270HU. Shame because I really like the monitor. Upgraded from a 1080p 60Hz.
  • ja_rod13
    ja_rod13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Striker211 yes! I sent my monitor in by warranty, they sent me a mew monitor over a month later and said they did this bc the motherboard might have been the issue and didn’t want to wait for the part due to Covid backup. Good luck!