Aspire A515 extend to two external displays

EfFeb
EfFeb Member Posts: 3 New User
Good morning,
My old aspire had an hdmi and a vga output so I could easily connect to two external monitors, extending between the two. My computer broke and I have replaced it with a new aspire a515 but this only has one hdmi output. I tried buying a USB c to hdmi adapter for the second monitor but it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know if this is possible or if I will not be able to connect two monitors to this laptop?
Thanks, 

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning EfFeb !

Which EXACT model of your laptop?
    Adapters are mostly non-functional devices.
    Especially when it comes to video connections.
    This is because there is no point in "adapting".
    It is necessary to convert the output signal according to the native connection.
    Current connections have higher sending bandwidth.
    So there are only a few options:

1- if the USb-Type C connection is Gen2 with support for DP or Thunderbolt can be used for video
    3- purchase a dock converter, such as Dell 6000

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• EfFeb
    Thanks MaClane! My computer is an Acer aspire a515-54 model no. N18Q13.
    I have googled a but and it seems like the USB c for this model does not support external display. I would be open to getting a dock but would want to be certain it works for this computer before buying. 
    Thanks! 
  • MaClane
    Dell D6000 Universal Dock Station via USB 3.0

httpssnpidellcomsnpimagesproductslargeDell_Universal_Dock_D6000_mvi5jpg

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• EfFeb
    thank you!
  • MaClane
    You're welcome!
    This model has already been tested and proven by several users!
    Needing something, just post!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Ali110
    Ali110 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I bought this USB 3 to HDMI Adapter from Amazon.ca:
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0759S4F3Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A driver needs to be installed; they have provided it in a mini CD (and also online). After I installed the driver, it worked well. I can mirror or extend my screen via this adapter. 
  • JFM24
    JFM24 Member Posts: 3 New User
    How can i extend my screen (Aspire 5 A515-56) to daul monitiors for wfh, i dont want to just duplicate i would like to fully extend the screen. Is this possible?