Acer Aspire Nitro Black Edition, VN7-792G -- Replaced battery not recognized

Options
ibm2ibm
ibm2ibm Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

I replaced the battery in my Acer Aspire Nitro Black Edition, Aspire VN7-792G, with a replacement battery, Acer AC14A8L 11.4 volt lithium polymer laptop battery (4465mAh/51Wh). Now my laptop isn’t recognizing a battery installed. How do I fix this? Thank you for your help.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,119 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    You could check whether you have tightened the screws at the back, you have to tighten them to hand tight and make sure that they are not over tightened, you could also check whether Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery showing in Device manager, also after checking the battery connection is properly inserted, you could try a battery reset, switch off the laptop, disconnect from mains and follow the instructions in the video, leave the laptop to rest for 15-20 mins, reconnect AC adapter and fully charge the battery before start using the laptop.
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

• ibm2ibm
    ibm2ibm Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I have the Microsoft ACPI compliant control method battery showing in Device Manager, I also reset the battery per your instructions... Still no battery detected. Oh, and I also double checked the internal connection to make sure it was firmly plugged in and the battery screw wasn't overtightened (I used a hand screwdriver to make sure).  Next suggestion?  Thank you VERY much for your response!!! Much more than I'd get from Acer Tech Support!