Acer Aspire ES1-132-C0NU (SSD and RAM Upgrade)

icoseb27
icoseb27 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited April 2023 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Acer Aspire ES1-132-C0NU which I bought 3 years ago. I want to upgrade the storage and the RAM to improve the performance. Currently, the storage is 500Gb HDD and RAM is 2Gb. Is my laptop compatible with 500Gb SSD and can I add additonal RAM into it, if yes how many Gb is the maximum? Also, I tried to open the back cover and found out that there is only 1 empty memory slot, does it mean that the 2Gb RAM is built-in in the motherboard? If for example I add additional 8Gb RAM, it will sum up to 10Gb total RAM?  I hope there is somebody who can answer my question. Thank you in advance!

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It supports ddr3L memory, 1600mhz, 1.35v, 260-pin sodimm! However, if your notebook does not have onboard ram memory, it can be expanded to 8GB! If you have 2GB ram onboard memory, you can expand to 6GB ram:

Now you could think of the possibility of buying a ssd of 2.5 "SATA III and put in place of the original hd!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Yes, you should be able to replace the 2.5" HDD with up to a 2TB 2.5" SSD without issue. And you can add an 8GB DDR3 laptop module 1600MHz or faster but the BIOS should only recognize 8GB, not 10GB. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• icoseb27

Tinkerer

Thanks for the quick reply. When i checked with CPU-Z.why there is not enough info on my memory and SPD tab?
  • JackE
    cpuz SPD is looking at the empty replaceable RAM socket, not the soldered RAM. There's nothing in the socket yet.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• icoseb27

Tinkerer

Thanks. I found this info on previous thread here. They said max ram is 8Gb and since the built-in 2Gb is not removable, the maximum to be added is 4Gb? Is this applies also to my laptop?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It supports ddr3L memory, 1600mhz, 1.35v, 260-pin sodimm! However, if your notebook does not have onboard ram memory, it can be expanded to 8GB! If you have 2GB ram onboard memory, you can expand to 6GB ram:

Now you could think of the possibility of buying a ssd of 2.5 "SATA III and put in place of the original hd!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • icoseb27

Tinkerer

Thanks everyone for the informations!
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• KITIW
    KITIW Member Posts: 4 New User
    good day,

please help, i cant find dd3l 1600mhz with 260 pins, most dd3l memory i find in market only have 204 pins, is it compatible?
  • KITIW
    icoseb27 said:
    Thanks. I found this info on previous thread here. They said max ram is 8Gb and since the built-in 2Gb is not removable, the maximum to be added is 4Gb? Is this applies also to my laptop?
    please send me this link sir, thanks
  • JackE
    204 pin is for laptop DDR3.  260 pin is for laptop DDR4. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KITIW
    for dd3l sir? sorry i dont really have knowledge with computers
  • icoseb27

Tinkerer

I already made the upgrades, I install Kingston 480GB SSD and use Macrium Reflect as disk cloning software without problem. As for the RAM, I decided to install Crucial 8GB ddr3l sodimm, the total RAM now of my laptop is 10GB, the newly installed RAM adds to the soldered 2GB RAM. 
  • KITIW
    thank you sir
  • Guaxuner
    Guaxuner Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2022
    Acer Aspire ES1-132 RAM Upgrade
    https://youtu.be/-aK12-py7_4
This discussion has been closed.