Asus Nitro 5 ram upgrade check

Justinnp
Justinnp Member Posts: 6 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-56X0 with 8gb RAM on one slot used and with a speed of 2400mhz.

I would like to upgrade it to 2 slots of 8gb with a speed of 2666mhz. 

Can someone confirm that it works with this notebook? (I think it will work but just to be sure)

I would like to buy this one on amazon:
https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B01N7K4CEU/ref=asc_df_B01N7K4CEU1591035000000/?tag=tweakers0e-21&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B01N7K4DV4&linkCode=asn&th=1

Kind Regards,

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Good evening Justinnp !

Your title is wrong ... it would be ACER and not ASUS.

This series supports a maximum of 32GB of RAM (2 slots) So-DIMM DDR4 2400 / 2666Mhz

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditorfcfl73zyf02eqqjpg
    This series does not natively support RAM with an XMP profile.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Justinnp
    MaClane said:
    Good evening Justinnp !

Your title is wrong ... it would be ACER and not ASUS.

This series supports a maximum of 32GB of RAM (2 slots) So-DIMM DDR4 2400 / 2666Mhz

httpsusv-cdnnet6029997uploadseditorfcfl73zyf02eqqjpg
    This series does not natively support RAM with an XMP profile.

My fault I meant Acer  :#

So it does work in this serie but not with XMP profile? And is the XMP profile something you enable? or which is stated inside the ram?
  • MaClane
    The XMP profile is activated at Bios.
    However the native Bios of this series does not have.
    Thus, an XMP module may not work, or if it works, be limited to base frequency and not generate dual-channel.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Justinnp
    MaClane said:
    Thus, an XMP module may not work, or if it works, be limited to base frequency and not generate dual-channel.
    So it is a better option to buy a standard ram like this with the 2666 speed?

https://www.amazon.nl/Crucial-CT8G4SFS8266-geheugen-PC4-21300-260-Pin/dp/B071KNKBQ1/ref=asc_df_B071KNKBQ1/?tag=nlshogostdsp-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=430621195180&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7871151620680087180&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1010310&hvtargid=pla-419928565670&psc=1
  • MaClane
    Yes, purchasing a module with a native frequency of 2666 without the XMP profile is the safest.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Justinnp
    MaClane said:
    Or do you mean that if it works, the 2666 frequency will be used for both slots and overclocking is not possible?
  • MaClane
    There is natively support for the 2666 frequency, but only if the modules are already in that frequency.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Justinnp
    MaClane said:
    There is natively support for the 2666 frequency, but only if the modules are already in that frequency.

Did you see this? From kingston memory finder:

• MaClane
    Specifications may vary by country and region.
    I have a Nitro 5 of the same series (AN515-52) which Bios is not natively supported.
    I have already tested several modules with XMP profile and are not recognized.
    So it's up to you and risk if you want to test.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Justinnp
    MaClane said:
    Specifications may vary by country and region.
    I have a Nitro 5 of the same series (AN515-52) which Bios is not natively supported.
    I have already tested several modules with XMP profile and are not recognized.
    So it's up to you and risk if you want to test.
    Thanks for the help will go for the standard ram DDR4-SODIMM 8gb 2x 2666mhz stated before. 
  • MaClane
    Let me know as soon as you install and test!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™