Acer Swift 1 wouln't operate without being plugged in, now operates for short time on battery

AwethuKakaza
AwethuKakaza Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So I bought an Acer Swift 1 (the sf113-31-c6bt model) and after I would say over a year I noticed a drop in battery performance. At around 40% battery power the laptop would shut down and wouldn't turn on without having the charger plugged in. I ran a small diagnostic test through the Acer care center app and it notified me that my battery had degraded due to heavy use, which alright fair enough. The degradation worsened to the point where the laptop would not operate at all without being plugged in, and would instantly turn off if the charger was removed or disturbed. I attributed this to the battery being completely done and planned to buy a replacement in the future. I've been using it with the charger for months now and today when I had to move my laptop to a different location, to my surprise when I removed the charger it remained on. I kept it unplugged and it worked for around 20 minutes before locking itself and shutting down. Acer care center still says that the battery requires attention. Does anyone know how it could go from being completely dependent to a plugged in power source to now being able to rely on the battery at least for a short period of time? 

Answers

• Can you send a screenshot of the smartbattery tab that appears in the hwinfo64 program, so that we can check the level of battery degradation?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)