Triple screen XB271HU Predator’s XB271HU

Scheffer27
Scheffer27 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2022 in Predator Monitors
I just bought three of the Predator’s XB271HU for my sim racing RIG. What happens is as the bottom bezel is thicker (due to a plastic finishing) it’s impossible to aligns the three screens without having a GAP between them. Am I wrong or this monitors was not made to a triple screen setup, and, if I am, can someone please tell me how to do it.
It’s hard for me to believe that a product designer didn’t think about the possibility of putting more than a screen together for a gaming monitor.
In the attached picture is possible to see the result of trying to put them together.
Appreciate some help on it. Tks.

{ edited the content to add the model name }

Answers

• JohnnyBlaze54
    JohnnyBlaze54 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have 2 of these monitors, was going to buy a 3rd and slap them on the Sim racing rig. But yeah, this issue is ridiculous, especially with something advertised as zero bezel, you'd think that would mean they would be great for a triple monitor set up. Evidently not. 

I am probably going to hit the corner of the pretruding plastic with a file. See if I can get a 45° angle going. That will eliminate the issue. These monitors are $900 each in Australia and you can't even sit them side by side without gaps. Garbage design. If I destroy the monitor while modding it I'll probably just sell the other one and use a manufacturer that doesn't have stupid designs in their top of the line gaming monitors. 
  • joerivbs
    joerivbs Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have 2 of these monitors, was going to buy a 3rd and slap them on the Sim racing rig. But yeah, this issue is ridiculous, especially with something advertised as zero bezel, you'd think that would mean they would be great for a triple monitor set up. Evidently not. 

I am probably going to hit the corner of the pretruding plastic with a file. See if I can get a 45° angle going. That will eliminate the issue. These monitors are $900 each in Australia and you can't even sit them side by side without gaps. Garbage design. If I destroy the monitor while modding it I'll probably just sell the other one and use a manufacturer that doesn't have stupid designs in their top of the line gaming monitors. 
    hello john , 

did you find  a solution? also looking for these monitor for triple screen.... tai