Acer Predator Triton 700 (Predator PT715-51) loses internet connectivity for 5-15 seconds

Options
Tarantula
Tarantula Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi!

I have a Predator Triton 700, namely Predator PT715-51 for about 2 years now.

I had no issues with this laptop at all. However, in the last 4-6 weeks I've started noticing something:
My laptop loses internet connection for 5-15 seconds. It differs how often it happens, but it happens at least once per hour on average. It's more noticeable if I play games.

First, I thought it's my internet provider, but I have just moved flats and I have a new provider, and my flatmate has no internet connection issue and I haven't experienced this on phone either.
Second I thought it's the game, but it happens with other games as well. Then I thought it's Steam, but it happens with BattleNet too.
And in general, it happens loading a webpage as well from time to time. Sometimes I see it's losing the connection to the router entirely and then it tries to reconnect. But most of the time it stays connected, but my internet speed drops to zero.
I'm on WiFi and currently cannot try out wired connection, but if you guys suggest so, I could do that - although I don't see this as a solution, the wireless connection is a must-have for this laptop category level, if that makes sense.

I would think (and hope) it's a software issue from some sort of recent update and not a hardware issue, but I'm not sure what would be the next step to resolve this, because I'm unsure what the exact problem is and how could further narrow it down. Probably I could try and start rolling back some updates?

Part Number: NHQ2LAA001
I haven't ever changed anything on my laptop on the hardware side and never opened it up.

Thank you for your replies in advance!

Best Answer

• Tarantula
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have a Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter.
    I have removed the current suite and driver and reinstalled the latest Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD.
    But after searching on the internet a little bit, I've found there's something called Killer Control Center. I saw multiple people had the same issue after this was installed automatically with Windows updates, and it disconnects them from the Wifi time-to-time.
    Now that I have uninstalled this, it seems that it resolved the issue! I'm glad I've found this, thank you so much for your help!

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when you connect to another wireless network?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tarantula
    Options
    Yes! As I have mentioned I have moved flat and entire-provider, and wireless network, and it's still present. Thank you for your response!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! What happens when you update the wireless network card driver at this link? https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Tarantula
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have a Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1535 Wireless Network Adapter.
    I have removed the current suite and driver and reinstalled the latest Killer Performance Driver Suite UWD.
    But after searching on the internet a little bit, I've found there's something called Killer Control Center. I saw multiple people had the same issue after this was installed automatically with Windows updates, and it disconnects them from the Wifi time-to-time.
    Now that I have uninstalled this, it seems that it resolved the issue! I'm glad I've found this, thank you so much for your help!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tarantula
    Options
    Unfortunately, it only lasted for a couple of days, and this is happening again.

It is definitely the problem with the laptop, or it's software, because I have another laptop for work, and that never disconnects like that.
    Do you have any advice about what I could do? My wireless network driver is the latest.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The latest wireless network cards are incompatible with drafts of older router firmware. Try updating your router's firmware. If it doesn't work, disable WMM on the router and also just the WPA2 password on the router as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DeeBee7373
    DeeBee7373 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Old post I know, but I finally gave in after non stop bluetooth and wifi dropouts, could never solve the problem with software so I purchased a new Wifi card. (AX210NGW NGFF M.2 2230). Problem gone finally