normal temperature cpu ?

Kanor31
Kanor31 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi, i have a ACER ORION 3000 po3-600 wth rtx 2070 and i7 9700

and i was wondering, is it normal thata when i only have chrome oppenned i have around of 60 fps ?  i  checked the processor and it had thermal paste so yeah idk what to do ;p

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    What is the temp of the gpu and cpu? FPS means nothing as there are allot of processing that a gpu does even on idle. If your temps for both cpu and gpu are around 60c (depends on room temps also) then that is normal, on extensive gaming and extreme use these temps should not go above 90c max. 
  • Kanor31

Tinkerer

ooog i actually wrote fps xDD i meant degrees X) i was tired sry @StevenGen
  • Kanor31

Tinkerer

somemetimes it even  goes up to 76 degrees while doing absolutely nothing except being on chrome 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Kanor31 said:
    somemetimes it even  goes up to 76 degrees while doing absolutely nothing except being on chrome 
    That's ok I understand lol also, have you monitored the temps when playing games and/or on high cpu/gpu processing software? As and if they gets above 95c the computer will turn off automatically but, that does not mean that you only have an overheating problem only, you will have to and I know that you said "i  checked the processor and it had thermal paste" but, in most cases the OEM paste is either put on inadequately and/or they use an inferior paste. you have to repaste the cpu with the "pea method" and with a high grade paste like "Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut" (which I would use) which is an overclocking paste with its excellent thermal conductivity or "Aeronaut" that is very long resistance at high temperatures and is their standard high grade cpu desktop paste or cpu/gpu laptop paste. 

Look your ACER ORION 3000 PO3-600 desktop has many options of cpu and even gpu cooling e.g. water cooling, bigger case fans, bigger and more efficient cpu fan which will all contribute to a cooler system. I would seriously consider putting water cooling as that is the best option. If you want you can also get a watercooling option for the gpu, its up to you.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    But in terms of the temperature, numbers in the 60-80 range are perfectly normal. You'll see much closer to 90 when doing heavy gaming.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.