Acer SF314-41 touchpad not working

DiscoRings
DiscoRings Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi I recently bought a new SF314-41 laptop, fresh out the box however after booting it up the trough pad mouse is not working, I am able to move the mouse using the pad but I can’t click anything. Have tried reinstalling drivers and changing the touchpad settings but to no avail it remains unresponsive. Laptop works fine other than this so hoping maybe there’s a fix I haven’t thought of

Answers

• Have you ever tried pressing the fn + f7, alt + f7, ctrl + f7 or just f7 keys to activate the touchpad? Have you checked if the touchpad is activated here?

Have you tried to reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DiscoRings
    DiscoRings Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have tried both of the above but no luck
  • Are there any faulty or inactive drivers in the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Do you hear the click when pressing near the bottom of the touchpad?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.