Aspire 5 S, (A515-43-R19L) Newbie Questions....

Sticks
Sticks Member Posts: 5 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
First of all a quick introduction.  My name is Mark, I am a semi-senior citizen at 60 and a US Army combat medic veteran.  Here goes nothing.  Had an older e-machines desktop, bit the dust and in haste purchased a Lenovo Ideapad, 330-151GM.  And I have ended up thoroughly hating it.  So, did my due diligence this time, and purchased the Aspire 5S, A515-43-R19L.  I just need a little confirmation, or different ideas about my plans of upgrading.

First of all, the computer's purpose will be for basic web surfing, email, video chatting, and most importantly iTunes and YouTube.  I am a drummer and I am constantly updating my music for practicing purposes, and watching YT videos for tips, tricks, etc.  I am not a gamer, (I don't think solitaire counts), so that is a non issue when it comes to upgrading.  This is my plan of attack for upgrading:  add an additional 4GB memory stick, and a 2.5" 500GB SSD.  Both will be Crucial products.  Yeah I know it's boring, but I think that with how the computer is going to be used, anything more at this time would be overkill. 

So, if anyone has any thoughts, ideas, suggestions , any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.....

Answers