I want to replace my broken Spin 3 14 inches screen.

BBalogun
BBalogun Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives

Good day,

I purchased an Acer laptop SP314 Series with the following model number SP314-53N-77AJ in the United States few weeks ago but unfortunately it fell and the screen got damaged.

Please i'll like to know if acer can help replace the screen because I non US resident, I live in Nigeria. 

I am going to bear the cost of everything.

Kindly let me know how the procedure will be.

Thanks a lot for your time and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Regards.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    The Acer part number for a replacement display module is 6M.HDCN5.001. You could replace it yourself, have a local technician replace it for you or contact Acer support in your locale and they should be able to replace it for you. They likely need to know that it's the US model, but I believe they can get the parts anyway. Let us know which option you choose and how well the repairs go...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BBalogun
    BBalogun Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks Billsey for your reply. Like I said earlier I bought it in the USA. I have tried contacting Acer support from South Africa but no concrete response. I’ll be most grateful if anyone help guide me on how to buy the broken screen (touch digitizer) or advice on what to do. Thanks 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Google is your friend... :) Search for that part number and look for companies that deliver to Nigeria. Once you have a few hits you'll also likely see alternate part numbers from places like Aliexpress or Banggood that might let you get it from China. I'm in the US so needless to say I haven't got a lot of insight into who ships to your country... The swap itself is somewhat intensive, just because you are basically tearing it down almost as far as possible, but it doesn't have anything that really requires special expertise, just lots of tiny screws and small connectors.
    Once you find the screen and get it on the way, if you decide to attempt it yourself let me know and I'll try to put together something like a step by step list.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.