My Acer Aspire E5-573G have black screen and power led blink for 5 times and NOTHING.

Sergiu3107
Sergiu3107 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi. When I press the power button of my power led is orange and it blink 5 times, also the screen is black. I tried to put the ram in the oder slot, remove the HDD and the i put it back, I did the same with the battery but nothing. I have this laptop for above 5 years and i still want to keep it. I wish it is not a probleme with the important components, like the motherboard. Please help ! 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Press and hold the power button till the laptop shuts off and blinking stops. Remove charger. Then  insert and hold a paper clip into the battery reset hole on the bottom of the laptop if it exists of aboiut 30 seconds. Then plug the charger  back in. Wait for the battery charge light to turn blue. Then try to turn the laptop on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sergiu3107
    Sergiu3107 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Another thing: when I plug the charger shoud light up, but is not. Im not refering to the light when the laptop battery is/is not charged.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Then check the open circuit voltage of the charger's plug between its outer ring and center connector with a multimeter. Should be about 19v DC Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ