The keyboard and touchpad are not working. Aspire Switch 10 E

rishabh23
rishabh23 Member Posts: 15

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am aware this is a very common issue but I did not come across a solution for aspire switch 10 E. I have been try to figure it our for months now. I have tried linux distros too. Any help would be appreciated :)

Answers

• Can you provide the exact model? Example SW3-013P-55VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    It's actually not very common, it's just that there are a lot of those models in the wild. :) If yours isn't working in Windows and in Linux that sounds more like a hardware issue than a driver problem. Open it and check to make sure all the cables are well seated...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rishabh23

Tinkerer

I don't think that it is a hardware issue because at first, it worked for a couple of minutes in between, and when I reset the PC but now it has completely stopped. I will definitely open it and check. 
  • rishabh23

Tinkerer

Can you provide the exact model? Example SW3-013P-55VH.
    The model number is Acer Switch 10E SW3-016.

• Have you checked the latest version of the bios here? https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6032?b=1

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rishabh23

Tinkerer

I have installed the latest version of bios. I have installed all the drivers from the website. 
  • Does the problem still remain?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rishabh23

Tinkerer

Does the problem still remain?
    yes. switch 10 has a firmware update for the keyboard dock to start working again. Is there a similar solution for my version?
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• The drivers will only work on windows. Check if this video helps you:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rishabh23

Tinkerer

I've tried that, didn't work for me.
  • Does this model have a function called touchpad in the bios? Did this model come with windows or linux installed?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rishabh23

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    Does this model have a function called touchpad in the bios? Did this model come with windows or linux installed?

No function related to touchpad in the bios. It comes with windows installed. 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rishabh23

Tinkerer

i have linux installed currently.

• I don't have much experience with linux. But have you verified this information? https://gist.github.com/franga2000/2154d09f864894b8fe84

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rishabh23

Tinkerer

I don't have much experience with linux. But have you verified this information? https://gist.github.com/franga2000/2154d09f864894b8fe84

Today, I switched back to windows, a mod version. I have installed the  platform driver but no luck. I also opened the keyboard but it looked fine to me. It detects the keyboard being attached and removed. It also adds a device - super speed usb hub. I don't know what is the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer