How to add a HDD on Nitro-50 600?

NewUser134
NewUser134 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, basically I followed this article:
https://my.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65747/~/installing-a-second-hard-drive-in-the-nitro-n50-600

to install a second WD blue HDD hard driver, but I am having these questions:
1. I don't need a mounting bracket right?
2. Does the Nitro 50-600 case have power cable for HDD? If yes, where it is? If no, what kind of power cable I should buy?
3. Shall I buy SATA cable myself? Do I need a 90 Degree to 180 Degree one?

Thank you in advance

Answers

• NewUser134
    Can somebody kindly help me?
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning NewUser134 !

Internal settings may vary by country and region.
    I recommend that you open your computer's cover and visually check all of these issues.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• NewUser134
    edited June 2020
    MaClane said:

I recommend that you open your computer's cover and visually check all of these issues.

Thank you for your help, I am using nitro-50 600 Canadian model. Sorry since I am new to customizing PC hardware, could I take some pictures inside the PC case and post?
  • MaClane
    Yes, post the photos here!
    Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• NewUser134
    1. Overall inside the case

2. Near Solid State Disk

3. HDD ports

Could you please kindly indicate me how to connect the power cable?
    Thank you in advance
  • MaClane
    Check the PSU source to see if a cable is available with this connector:

httpswwwcanaleletronicacombrmediacatalogproductcache1image800x9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95000078_canal_site_-_16-10-17_webjpg

And you must purchase a Sata 3 cable to connect to the motherboard:

httpsimages-nassl-images-amazoncomimagesI512dfhPdPfL_AC_SX425_jpg

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• NewUser134
    MaClane said:
    Check the PSU source to see if a cable is available with this connector:

httpswwwcanaleletronicacombrmediacatalogproductcache1image800x9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95000078_canal_site_-_16-10-17_webjpg

And you must purchase a Sata 3 cable to connect to the motherboard:

httpsimages-nassl-images-amazoncomimagesI512dfhPdPfL_AC_SX425_jpg
    Thank you, may I ask where is the PSU source ? Is the one below highlighted with the red circle? Thank you !

• MaClane
    This is the PSU source from which all the power cables come.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• NewUser134
    MaClane said:
    This is the PSU source from which all the power cables come.

Oh, thank you for your advice,  based on my understanding the cable below:

serves as the power cable which connects between PSU energy front and the Hard Drive? May I ask what is it called? 
    In addition to Sata 3 cable I also need to buy this power cable right? Thank you in advance!
  • MaClane
    No ... the power cable has the connector I told you about and not how to install another one.
    If there is no home in the PSU, you must purchase another.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• NewUser134
    MaClane said:
    No ... the power cable has the connector I told you about and not how to install another one.
    If there is no home in the PSU, you must purchase another.

Thank you, I found the power cable with the connector as you showed me(highlighted in red circle):

However, the cable is too short to reach the Hard Drive I am going to install, and it seems the cable is under the DVD drive plate... Is there a way to extend the power cable?
  • MaClane
    You should check that the cable is always correctly extended.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• NewUser134
    edited June 2020
    MaClane said:
    You should check that the cable is always correctly extended.
    I am sorry but do you mean that cable can always be extended? It seems that the power cable is bundled with other cables, when I pulled the power cable I was a little bit worried I might broke other, should I cut some nylon buckles first? It seems everything is hidden under the DVD drive plate, I really cannot see or operate on everything...
  • MaClane
    The buckles are for retaining the cables so they are not loose.
    You can and MUST cut to release the cable.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• NewUser134
    MaClane said:

Thank you for your help, I am using nitro-50 600 Canadian model. Sorry since I am very new to customizing PC hardware, could I take some pictures internally of the PC case and post?
    Thank you very much
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    check this link: https://my.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65747/~/installing-a-second-hard-drive-in-the-nitro-n50-600

But you've posted this link before. What you should check is if the power supply is another connection to the hdd and also if there is a sata cable available, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    The buckles are for retaining the cables so they are not loose.
    You can and MUST cut to release the cable.

Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

• Joshmstevens
    Joshmstevens Member Posts: 3 New User
    I followed both links and have the new Hard drive mounted. I found the power Cable and plugged it into the the harddrive along with a SATA cable to the motherboard. Excellent pictures and instructions. My problem now is that the computer wont boot with the second Hdd plugged in. Bios does not recognize it "no SATA installed" I dont want it as primary or to even boot from it Hdd is Seagate 4tb barracuda. 
  • @Joshmstevens Can you send a photo of this guide?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Joshmstevens
    Joshmstevens Member Posts: 3 New User
    @Joshmstevens Can you send a photo of this guide?

@Joshmstevens Can you send a photo of this guide?