Can i disable the cpu overclocking on the helios 300?

Options
DanNick
DanNick Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
So, I have a predator helios 300 with an i5-8300H and a 1050 ti. I've noticed that whenever I plug the charger into the laptop, the cpu overclocking automatically turns on. My question is the following: Is there a way to turn of the automatic cpu overclock? If so, how do i do it, because in the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility app, the overclocking is turned on by default, and it won't allow me to turn it off.

Answers

• Sezokiller
    Sezokiller Member Posts: 84 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    what is your laptops model?

"Life is like an assault if its going too well you are walking into an ambush."

Always include your PC model and specs for a better diagnose
  • DanNick
    edited May 2020
    Options
    what is your laptops model?

I did include the main specs didn't think the model would help since it's an less known one, and its exclusive in Romania and Bulgaria i think. But since you asked, the model is ph317-52-52VK
  • Sezokiller
    Options
    im looking for an option in Intel XTU ill notify you when i find something u want to disable it because of overheating?
    if yes is it under warranty?

• Sezokiller
    edited May 2020
    Options
    i know a way that disables turbo boost while charging dont know if it will fix your problem but here it is

Go into Power options **(Control panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options) and click **Change plan settings near your plan (e.g. I use high performance for CPU intensive tasks, such as gaming).

Then click on Change advanced power settings.

Scroll down to Processor power management and expand it.

Expand Maximum processor state and modify both On battery and Plugged in to 99%.

Also please make sure, that Minimum processor state is not greater than Maximum processor state (in this case - 99%), because this fix won’t work. I suggest you to set it to 5% or so. Then simply click Apply and OK.

AND if you are havingm problems because of overheating [100-90] Try repasting or cleaning your fans aircanal if it around [90-80] a simple undervolting process will help

• Sezokiller
    edited May 2020
    Options
    if you didnt understand i can send some insturactions with photos

• DanNick
    Options
    im looking for an option in Intel XTU ill notify you when i find something u want to disable it because of overheating?
    if yes is it under warranty?

Yes, it is because of overheating, and no, it isn't under warranty anymore. It's overheating because the cpu fan is not working at all, and rarely when it does it starts to make a sound as if the fan is rubbing against the laptops back.(I've noticed that in predator sense)(and also, every 3-5 seconds it makes a sound as if the pc tries to spin the fan and it automatically stops). I've opened the laptop and noticed that the cpu fan is really hard to move even when i apply pressure on it with my fingers, while the gpu fan is easily moved, even by blowing on it. I ordered a replacement for the fan online but it will come in about 1 month, so i started messing with the laptops settings and noticed that when the charger isn't plugged on the cpu overclock is turned off and there is no heating what so ever even if the cpu runs at 100% of its power(55-60 degrees C).
  • Sezokiller
    edited May 2020
    Options
    u need to check inside of your laptop u said fans are not working in that state u will continue to have the same problems. if u have the equipments open it now ill send links of some videos to make this process easier for you ill send them in 10 mins
    i hope you can handle 

• DanNick
    Options

i know a way that disables turbo boost while charging dont know if it will fix your problem but here it is

Go into Power options **(Control panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options) and click **Change plan settings near your plan (e.g. I use high performance for CPU intensive tasks, such as gaming).

Then click on Change advanced power settings.

Scroll down to Processor power management and expand it.

Expand Maximum processor state and modify both On battery and Plugged in to 99%.

Also please make sure, that Minimum processor state is not greater than Maximum processor state (in this case - 99%), because this fix won’t work. I suggest you to set it to 5% or so. Then simply click Apply and OK.

AND if you are havingm problems because of overheating [100-90] Try repasting or cleaning your fans aircanal if it around [90-80] a simple undervolting process will help

Thanks a lot!!! it did work!
  • Sezokiller
    edited May 2020
    Options
    THIS VIDEO SHOW HOW TO DISCONNECT AND OPEN YOUR FANS AND CLEAN THEM
    https://youtu.be/uB39PPoHBpo
    AND U CAN USE THIS VIDEO TO REMOVE THE BACK PANEL
    https://youtu.be/Ph2ibK79zd8

• DanNick
    Options
    u need to check inside of your laptop u said fans are not working in that state u will continue to have the same problems. if u have the equipments open it now ill send links of some videos to make this process easier for you ill send them in 10 mins
    i hope you can handle 
    You don't have to send anything. I already opened my laptop and saw the problem. Thanks for the fix

• Sezokiller
    Options
    AND MOST IMPORTANTLY 
    dont try to play games for now because it can perma damage ur laptop

• Sezokiller
    Options
    DanNick said:
    i hope you can handle 
    You don't have to send anything. I already opened my laptop and saw the problem. Thanks for the fix

No problem i hope u fix that soon