Pradeep42
Pradeep42 Member Posts: 104 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Question says it all
User of an AN515-52.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Have you formatted the usb stick in fat32 and converted it to fat32 like that?
    How to create Windows Server bootable USB media for deployment on
    After doing this, extract the iso x64 from ubuntu to the root of the usb stick.
    Then, access the bios and activate the f12bootmenu. Also create a password on setsupervisorpassword and disable secureboot and press f10 to save on exit.
    Press f12 before the Acer logo and select the usb stick. Then press the letter E and type this command to disable the nvidia video card: nouveau.modeset=0
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pradeep42
    Options
    Hey @egydiocoelho
    Can I use rufus to make the bootable USB? Also what about the drivers in Ubuntu?
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes you can. But I prefer to convert the usb stick manually. About the drivers, you can update the drivers through linux.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pradeep42
    Options
    Yes you can. But I prefer to convert the usb stick manually. About the drivers, you can update the drivers through linux.
    Can you guide me through the options I need to set on rufus app? Also, where can I download the drivers? The Acer website only gives drivers for Windows 10
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is not necessary to do the procedure by the rufus. Look for the powershell and run it as an administrator and type the commands above:

Como criar mdia USB inicializvel do Windows Server para implantao em
    About the drivers, see this:
    Drivers Nvidia Ubuntu - Como instalar a ltima verso passo a

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pradeep42
    edited May 2020
    Options
    So the drivers are installed automatically?
    Also, how can I create a partition of 50GB for dual booting (using my HDD)?
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Pradeep42
    edited May 2020
    Options
    The disk you specified is not MBR formatted.
    Please select an empty MBR disk to convert.

Cannot convert USB
    Also, I have an 8GB USB
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, you can create a new partition to install Linux. Now, both the usb stick and the hard drive must be converted to GPT to work in uefi mode.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pradeep42
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Okay I checked that my HDD is in GPT format. Also can you tell why am I seeing The disk you specified is not MBR formatted.
    Please select an empty MBR disk to convert. on my USB stick?
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Pradeep42
    Options
    Hey @egydiocoelho, I managed to do all that but when I install Ubuntu, it says RST should be disabled, how do I do that? I want to dual boot
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! To disable rst with optane, do this:
    a) press windows + r and type msconfig.
    b) then, go into startup and activate safe boot and restart windows;
    c) uninstall the program from optane memory and intel rapid storage and restart windows again in safe boot;
    d) then access the bios and change the sata mode to ahci. You may need to press ctrl + s for the sata mode function to appear in the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pradeep42
    Options
    Hey @egydiocoelho, thanks for that, what should I select as the bootloader installer location? I have create a partition of the 1TB HDD and made a 100GB unallocated partition which appears in the install menu but I don't know which location to select for bootloader installation
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Pradeep42
    Options
    Also can you tell which programs to uninstall?
    User of an AN515-52.
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,323 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Pradeep42
    Installing ubuntu is quite easy way!!
    Are you able to boot in ubuntu USB?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I think this video can help you:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Pradeep42
    Options
    I think this video can help you:
    It is for legacy systems only, it's not for UEFI
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Pradeep42
    Options
    @Pradeep42
    Installing ubuntu is quite easy way!!
    Are you able to boot in ubuntu USB?
    As soon as I click try ubuntu button everything freezes and then I have to force shutdown my laptop, I cannot install Ubuntu with my USB for some reason
    User of an AN515-52.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    En grub, presione la letra E y escriba el comando nouveau.modeset=0 para deshabilitar la tarjeta de video.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,323 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Pradeep42
    Change sata mode then enter is setup page
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Pradeep42
    Options
    Okay, I managed to do everything! I am finally using Ubuntu now. Now all I want to know is how can I control my fan speed?
    User of an AN515-52.