Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G M.2 Slot and SSD

abdu114h97
abdu114h97 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi Everyone. I have a couple questions for device with part number of 83403696966
Does anybody know about the recent BIOS update for SF314-54G version 1.16? on the download page, it said about optimize PCIe settings. Is it has something to do with SSD compatibility?
What is the specification of the M.2 slot on this device? Does it support WD Blue SN550 250GB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe SSD?
What is the BIOS configuration for that SSD?
Is it possible damaging the M.2 slot during SSD placement? aside from water damage and bended pins.
What is causing an SSD become undetectable on BIOS after it was detected and work normally?

Thats a lot of question. Thanks for answering
and sorry for my bad english, hope you understand my question.

Best Answers

• ralppp
    ralppp ACE Posts: 4,770 Pathfinder
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    abdu114h97 said: ... Does anybody know about the recent BIOS update for SF314-54G version 1.16? ...
    it's right

abdu114h97 said: ... on the download page, it said about optimize PCIe settings. Is it has something to do with SSD compatibility? ...
    that can be assumed

abdu114h97 said: ... What is the specification of the M.2 slot on this device? ...
    PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4

abdu114h97 said: ... Does it support WD Blue SN550 250GB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe SSD? ...
    it should run

abdu114h97 said: ... What is the BIOS configuration for that SSD? ...
    it does not required any special settings

abdu114h97 said: ... Is it possible damaging the M.2 slot during SSD placement? aside from water damage and bended pins. ...
    you would have to be very clumsy!

abdu114h97 said: ... What is causing an SSD become undetectable on BIOS after it was detected and work normally? ...
    a defect in the ssd or the interface

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Colleague Ralpp had already responded. But I would add this information:

What is causing an SSD become undetectable on BIOS after it was detected and work normally?

What may be happening is that the fast boot of the bios and the fast startup of the power options, can cause this error. I suggest that you disable these functions.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Do it:
    a) press f2 before the acer logo, go to the main tab and disable fastboot and then press f10 to save and exit:
    Aspire 5 A514-52 - BIOS SATA Optane mode missing- ONLY have AHCI
    b) then access windows and disable this function:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10  Tutorials
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• ralppp
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    abdu114h97 said: ... Does anybody know about the recent BIOS update for SF314-54G version 1.16? ...
    it's right

abdu114h97 said: ... on the download page, it said about optimize PCIe settings. Is it has something to do with SSD compatibility? ...
    that can be assumed

abdu114h97 said: ... What is the specification of the M.2 slot on this device? ...
    PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4

abdu114h97 said: ... Does it support WD Blue SN550 250GB PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe SSD? ...
    it should run

abdu114h97 said: ... What is the BIOS configuration for that SSD? ...
    it does not required any special settings

abdu114h97 said: ... Is it possible damaging the M.2 slot during SSD placement? aside from water damage and bended pins. ...
    you would have to be very clumsy!

abdu114h97 said: ... What is causing an SSD become undetectable on BIOS after it was detected and work normally? ...
    a defect in the ssd or the interface

• Commodore_1995#
    edited May 2020 Answer ✓
    Colleague Ralpp had already responded. But I would add this information:

What may be happening is that the fast boot of the bios and the fast startup of the power options, can cause this error. I suggest that you disable these functions.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• abdu114h97
    ralppp said: ...a defect in the ssd or the interface

Is that usually happens?
    What should I do if the interface was defected?
  • ralppp
    edited May 2020
    @abdu114h97
    Have you already testet notice from @egydiocoelho ?

abdu114h97 said:
    What should I do if the interface was defected?

You should then have the device testet by Acer Support (free of charge).

abdu114h97 said:
    Is that usually happens?

Usually not - I haven't had the case on the table myself.
    Problems are more likely to be caused by incompatibilities between the motherboard (Bios) and the SSD.

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Do it:
    a) press f2 before the acer logo, go to the main tab and disable fastboot and then press f10 to save and exit:
    Aspire 5 A514-52 - BIOS SATA Optane mode missing- ONLY have AHCI
    b) then access windows and disable this function:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10  Tutorials

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• abdu114h97
    ralppp said:
    @abdu114h97
    Have you already testet notice from @egydiocoelho ?

Tested already and work just perfectly fine as I expected. I installed a 256GB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro
    Thank you so much for the support and advice
  • You are welcome my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer