TC-885-UR11 Series DDR4 Desktop Motherboard Front Panel Wires issue?

TumidGlobe
TumidGlobe Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited January 2023 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hey I need some help.

I recently swapped out my motherboard (Acer Aspire TC-885 Series Intel CPU Socket DDR4 Desktop Motherboard DB.BAP11.004) from my Aspire XC-885-UR11 and put it in an older larger case for me to add a RX 570 GPU onto the PCIe slot for a mega graphics boost (I'm also adding a 600 W PSU so don't worry about power :smile:). Problem is that Acer did a really ***** job labelling their front panel wire connectors that are supposed to connect to the motherboard. I've been looking high and low on the internet to find a manual for my specific motherboard. I'm trying to use an older motherboard case with the following front panel wires that are labelled:
  1. H.D.D LED
  2. PW Switch
  3. Reset Switch
  4. PW LED
The original Aspire XC-885-UR11 only used four wires total as front panel connectors. I got 8 total wires to deal with, and I don't know which ones to use. However, I do know that two of the listed wires above need to be left out (they can still be used ofc, but they're not necessary to power my PC on.)

Do you guys know if I'm supposed to use just the PW Switch and the PW LED? I can't turn my rigged PC on because of this frustrating wiring issue. All help is gladly accepted, but lemme know if there's something that I haven't clarified yet. I would really like to resolve this issue once and for all; looks like no one asked this question before and I hope this forum can answer all future questions as well. :smiley:

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and issue detail]

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    IIRC Acer used a pair for the switch and a pair for the power LED. You can easily trace back from the front bezel to see which is which and what polarity the LED is.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    IIRC Acer used a pair for the switch and a pair for the power LED. You can easily trace back from the front bezel to see which is which and what polarity the LED is.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TumidGlobe

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Thank you! I also found a really helpful picture for the front panel connectors (F_Panel on the motherboard) However, @billsey my PC still isn't turning on. Any ideas why it wouldn't? I plugged in my SATA cables and power cables to my HDD and DVD reader, both ATX plugs, and inserted the front panel wires correctly. Nothing happens when I press the power button.

• TumidGlobe

Tinkerer

I hope this helps out others with the same question that I had!
  • billsey
    Your power button may not be working, the wires between the button and the header may be bad, the power supply might be bad or the power enable wire from the main ATX connector might be bad. If you have a meter try checking conductivity on each section.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Dear TumidGolbe,

Double check on power switch (pin 5 and pin 6). Have you reverse the polarity of the two pin

?

It happened to me once with one of my builds.

• Awesome123
    Awesome123 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi, @TumidGlobe, did you end up figuring out the case and motherboard issue? I have the same mobo.