laptop lag

daniel360
daniel360 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
i bought acer nitro 5 515-43, 16gb ram and 512 ssd pratically 1 month ago!!
i noticed that its lagging (1-2 seconds) at the moment when making use of the laptop (not gaming)
any idea on how to stop the lagging?

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good evening daniel360 !

Start with the basics:

Access MSCONFIG and disable ALL applications that start with the system and all non-Microsoft services.
    Uninstall any antivirus.
    Perform a temporary system and disk cleanup as an Administrator.
    Update the Windows release to 1909.
    Then restart and do a test.

Check all these questions as well:

1- all drivers and Windows must be properly updated
    2- the device must be set to use the Windows high performance power plan
    3- seven the minimum and maximum performance of the processor at 100% in both modes (both on battery and plugged into power outlet)
    4- the battery must be charged to 100% before any high performance activity
    5- the battery must be set to advanced power options for maximum performance
    6- high performance applications must be set on the dedicated GPU Panel (Nvidia) to be the main
    7- the device must be connected directly to an exclusive power outlet, properly grounded without any adapter
    8- seven Intel HD Graphics for maximum performance.
    9- all applications must be installed on the same disk drive and partition as the operating system

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Have seen this happen in new laptops. Usually the task manager shows very high disk usage almost constantly. Check if this is the issue, after doing everything @MaClane suggeested, that is.
  • daniel360
    daniel360 Member Posts: 2 New User
    thanks @Maclane and @fixer for replaying as fast as possible to my current situation. at the moment i download
    Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 and it looks like the anti-lag on the software fix it for now. if the problem comes back, i will revisit your recomendations!