Aspire E5-576 Acer laptop won’t turn on but shows charging light

Options
Sophiaroo
Sophiaroo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Yesterday I noticed my Acer laptop wouldn’t turn on. The keys would not light up and the screen was completely black, but when I plugged in a charger it showed a little light near the charging icon (first orange because it was low battery and gradually turned to blue), and I was still able to charge my phone through the USB port. I continuously tried to turn on the power in different ways but nothing worked, and the laptop isn’t built with a charging port that’s easy to take out so I’m not sure what to do. I’ve had this laptop since August and it’s worked great but I need it for my college class and it won’t turn on, is there anything else I can try to do to turn it on?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Options
    What happens when you reset the battery?
    Try placing a few layers of electrical tape over this button:

Aspire F5-573 - Nenhuma bateria foi detectada  Acer Community

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rsthomis
    rsthomis Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Following, because as of today, mine is doing the same thing.  There's just a steady orange light, but otherwise, it's a paperweight. I put a paperclip in the reset hole, but nothing happened, no click, no nothing. I looked at the video above, but it seems irrelevant because the back in the video doesn't look like mine.  Please.help us if you can!  Thanks in advance!! 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Check this button? 

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • rsthomis
    Options
    egydiocoelho I found the button, what an I looking for?  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Now, put some layers of electrical tape to press the button:
    Acer A515-51G-58VH Desliga sem aviso e no liga normalmente

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• rsthomis
    Options
    Sophiaroo, did you try any of these tips?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @rsthomisHave you checked that button too?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Sophiaroo
    Sophiaroo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Unfortunately I have to try sending it to Acer Repair or something because it’s unresponsive
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    Click 'Acer worldwide' at the bottom of this webpage. Choose your country. Then click on support, enter your machine's serial number id (SNID) and arrange for a warranty repair as soon as possible. Don't delay. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Amitesh
    Amitesh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Sophairoo 

Bro I also get same issue can you pls tell me how you fix this ! Not turning on but charge ph on usd pls reply brother !