A515-54-51DJ problems

RandyJ75
RandyJ75 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
The keyboard lights on my new laptop come on, but will not stay on. I have to use the FN/F9 trick to get them to light up for only 30 seconds. I am not very computer literate, so anything to help will be appreciate it.
Again, the model number is A515-54-57DJ  .

Thanks for your help/

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• The rule is this:
    a) on the battery: it will always turn off every 30 seconds;
    b) on the power adapter: it will always be activated, that is, it will not be turned off every 30 seconds.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RandyJ75

Tinkerer

It does not stay on when plugged in, and the only way it comes when I do the FA/F9  and then it only stays on for 30 seconds. 
    This is not what it used to do when I first got it.
  • RandyJ75

Tinkerer

Thanks for your answer, but it was NO help. Does anyone have an answer that works? 
  • In this case, I suggest you try to update the bios. Also, note that there is a fix for the French and Canadian keyboard:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RandyJ75

Tinkerer

I have an american keyboard, my computer is a laptop.
  • Your model was released in 2019/04/30 / and probably contains a very old bios. What is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,225 Trailblazer
    RandyJ75 said:
    Thanks for your answer, but it was NO help. Does anyone have an answer that works? 
    My model is a515-54G-70AG and when I upgraded my BIOS/UEFI to Insyde Corp. V1.18, 22/04/2020 (Acer Support) it gained 14 seconds, my  keyboard backlite stays on 43 sec. now on power or battery (same).

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RandyJ75

Tinkerer

I am not sure how or why, but the problem cleared itself up. The lights for the keyboard works fine now. I did download Windows updates, not sure if that helped. 
    Thanks for everyones help.

Randy
  • Yes, windows updates can usually cause some problems.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer