How Can I Upgrade My RAM In Acer Aspire A314-32-C83Q

Dail89
Dail89 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
In Task Manager It Shows That My Factor Form Or Form Factor Is DIMM And Slot Used Is 1 Of 1 But My Laptop Has 1 Slot For Sodimm

Answers

• Can you send a screenshot and inform the windows version? On my notebook, sodimm appears, see:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dail89

Tinkerer

This Is What My Laptop Shows 
  • I may be mistaken, but according to the service manual, your model uses an onboard memory:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dail89

Tinkerer

My Laptop Uses DDR4
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,920 Trailblazer
    Your Aspire A314-32-C83Q can use a max mem of 8GB total, it has 1 slot (1 bank of 1) and comes with a standard mem of either 2GB or 4GB removable. You can upgrade this ram with a 1x stick of a max speed of 8GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM or a 1x 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM or a 1x 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM (which is the standard ram that you have) seeing form your "Task Manager" caption that states: 1x 4GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM installed you can take that out and replace it with either a 1x 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM or the fastest ram that the Aspire A314-32-C83Q can handle which is the 1x 8GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM, simple. 

DDR4-RAM that fits the Aspire A314-32-C83Q
    If you want to check all memory details do this:

1. Open Start.

2. Type Command Prompt, right-click the top result and select the Run as administrator option.

3. Type the following command to view all the memory details and press Enter: wmic memorychip list full

4. Or to check your current mem speed (as Task Manager" is not really accurate) do as above but Enter: wmic memorychip get devicelocator, speed

• Dail89

Tinkerer

So I Need To Remove The Soldered RAM To Upgrade? 
  • Dail89

Tinkerer

How Do I Remove The RAM? There Is Nothing In The Sodimm Slot....So Do I Need To Remove The Soldered Or Installed RAM From The Inside?
  • I obtained this information from the @StevenGen service manual. But it is possible that it is wrong. @Dail89 Ideally, you should check if there is a slot available here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dail89

Tinkerer

edited May 2020
    I may be mistaken, but according to the service manual, your model uses an onboard memory:

My Laptop Uses DDR4 

Your Aspire A314-32-C83Q can use a max mem of 8GB total, it has 1 slot (1 bank of 1) and comes with a standard mem of either 2GB or 4GB removable. You can upgrade this ram with a 1x stick of a max speed of 8GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM or a 1x 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM or a 1x 8GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM (which is the standard ram that you have) seeing form your "Task Manager" caption that states: 1x 4GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM installed you can take that out and replace it with either a 1x 8GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM or the fastest ram that the Aspire A314-32-C83Q can handle which is the 1x 8GB DDR4-3200 SODIMM, simple. 

DDR4-RAM that fits the Aspire A314-32-C83Q
    If you want to check all memory details do this:

1. Open Start.

2. Type Command Prompt, right-click the top result and select the Run as administrator option.

3. Type the following command to view all the memory details and press Enter: wmic memorychip list full

4. Or to check your current mem speed (as Task Manager" is not really accurate) do as above but Enter: wmic memorychip get devicelocator, speed

How Do I Remove The RAM? There Is Nothing In The Sodimm Slot....So Do I Need To Remove The Soldered-Installed-Onboard RAM From The Inside? Or Should I Buy A 4GB DDR4 SODIMM And Install It To The SODIMM Slot That Is Available And Unused To Make It 8GB RAM?

I obtained this information from the @StevenGen service manual. But it is possible that it is wrong. @Dail89 Ideally, you should check if there is a slot available here:
    Yes There Is A Slot Available
  • You cannot remove the onboard ram. You can instead add more ram memory by installing it in the respective slot. I just don't know what the limit is accepted by the slot.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer