XB273K Change Input

Options
inspectorgadjet
inspectorgadjet Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi. I've had the XB273K moniitor for a short while now, and there is one small thing that bugs me. I have a PC connected via DP and a Mac mini via HDMI. They both sleep when not in use. If they are both sleeping I can wake up the one I want to use, but I cannot change the input on the monitor unless I wake the currently active source up too. E.g. Input is set to DP for PC and I wake Mac up, push the input button and select HDMI, but I can't push the menu button to set it to HDMI. I have to wake up the PC as well to be able to push the menu button. Same goes if HDMI is the current input and I wake the PC up. Is this normal for this monitor? I've never had to wake up other sources on my other monitors to change the input.

Answers

• gjc
    gjc Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Have you tried to click on the menu (circular) button behind until the menu appears and then change the source? I have a similar setup and I do it all the time.
  • Woody14619
    Woody14619 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    You can also use the ControlMonitor Tool, which allows you to selectively change input on most DPort/HDMI connected monitors.  I use it to switch between systems when both are active (one is a 4 monitor setup, and I share two with a laptop for work when working).