Cannot connect my laptop to LG TV

Aasgeier
Aasgeier Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My Acer connects good to my older LG 43inch tv, but to my newer 4k LG, it does not connect, nor even Screen Share. What the hell is going on? All drivers are ok, tv is updated but no connection at all. Please help me. Alberto, Rio de Janeiro.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    If you were using a standard HDMI cable, for the 4k TV you may need a better cable for the higher resolution.
    https://www.techhive.com/article/3330376/do-i-need-a-4k-hdmi-cable.html
  • Aasgeier

Tinkerer

Thinking better,  I do not think this is the problem because I cannot also connect through the Screen Share that uses my wifi, so I think the problem is OGK. Only God knows. Thanks.
  • philetus
    What is the make and model of your laptop? Is the video card capable of 3,840x2,160 resolution used by 4K?
  • Aasgeier

Tinkerer

Thaks, very kind of you to help me. My laptop is an Acer Aspire, 8gb memory, i5 6200U, no video card, Intel graphics 520, weak. But I can't even connect it using screen share. My other tv is ultra hd and connects easily. Even my old LG G5 connected to it. Bummer.
  • Can you provide the exact model of the notebook? Example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aasgeier

Tinkerer

Yup Aspire F15 F5-573-521B
  • philetus
    edited May 2020
    The Intel graphics 620 does support 4k at 60Hz. Open your Intel HD Graphics/ Display and make sure the refresh rate is set at 60Hz.
  • Aasgeier

Tinkerer

No sir, mine is Intel graphics 520 and it stopped updating, had an app from Intel, it stopped updating and 'said I should consult with Acer

• Aasgeier

Tinkerer

Although the tv is 4k, I do not watch stuff in 4k, just Amazon, my Acer I use to study and play games, no 4k stuff
  • You already added the TV here

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aasgeier

Tinkerer

Yep, the tv model appears correctly like my other tv, but it does not connect, HDMI cable is like it is never there, although I used it with the same tv for my satellite tv, it works perfectly. It is like the tv is invisible to the laptop. I can even my Xiaomi phone connect but not my tv, the older tv connects really fast and good. Thanks for your patience.
  • philetus said:
    If you were using a standard HDMI cable, for the 4k TV you may need a better cable for the higher resolution.
    https://www.techhive.com/article/3330376/do-i-need-a-4k-hdmi-cable.html
    I agree with colleague @p@philetus , see:

Can you inform your TV model?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aasgeier

Tinkerer

LG 43 UK6520PSA
  • What happens when you press fn + f5 and select "second screen only"? Sometimes it is necessary to connect the television to the hdmi port and restart windows, for it to work.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aasgeier

Tinkerer

Which key is fn? The laptop recognizes the tv, it shows the model, two screens but the former does not. Total blank. It must be incompability. Thanks again for your time and persistency. Updated my Windows 10 (original) to the latest. Nothing.
  • What happens when you press the windows + p keys and select "second screen only"?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aasgeier

Tinkerer

Hi my friend, it does not connect no matter what I do. I can press every key, nothing. I am not a lay man in computers. I really appreciate your effort to help me. Just got an answer from LG, they said it must be incompability. TV does not recognize the damned laptop, just my older model. I will try and get a friend's computer to test it. Thanks a lot. My next message will be the answer in portuguese from LG. Peace.
  • Aasgeier

Tinkerer

RESPOSTA:
    Olá Alberto, Bom dia!

Primeiramente gostaria de agradecer seu contato, e esclareço que estou à disposição para te auxiliar da melhor maneira possível.

Em atenção a seu relato, esclareço que nesse caso se a entrada HDMI da TV está funcionando com outros dispositivos e já testou outro cabo e mesmo assim não conecta, isso siginifica que provavelmente que os dois produtos sejam incompatíveis, sendo assim não tem nenhum procedimento a ser realizado.

Caso tenha alguma dúvida, estou á disposição para qualquer esclarecimento.

Por gentileza, avalie meu atendimento participando da pesquisa no final deste e-mail.

Atenciosamente,
    Joyce.
  • You speak Portuguese? If so, create a topic in the Portuguese community so that I can try to help you better, talking in Portuguese. Add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Aasgeier

Tinkerer

No sweat my friend, if I cannot fix this in english, in portuguese is impossible, thanks for all.