SSD Compatibility - brand and size

Options
Sliverfalls333
Sliverfalls333 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, 
This is my first time looking into upgrading my hdd and ssd. My laptop is https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2015/4876/VN7-592G/NX.G6JSG.002.html 
I would like to ask for advice on the following: 

1. How would I know which brand/series of SSD would be compatible to my laptop? 
I saw a thread on the challenges with installed the Samsung Evo 950 Nvme. Have not see any feedback for WD or The Cruicial NVME SSD. I am interested to get either WD/The Crucial because of its price range. Are there any known cons?
2. How do I check the max storage supported for SSD/ HDD? I am not sure if I can assume that it can support up to any size. 

Would be great if someone can help me out! Thanks! 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,750 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe it supports nvme, but it will be necessary to update the bios: 

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,750 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I believe it supports nvme, but it will be necessary to update the bios: 

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Sliverfalls333
    Sliverfalls333 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi @egydiocoelho! Thanks for helping me check! Does this mean any brand of NVME SSD will be compatible? 
    Also, is there a max size that I need to be aware of? Eg. cannot be more than 500gb. 
    Thanks again!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I'm not sure if it will accept all ssm nvme. However, that update is for nvme ssds.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer