Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 BIOS

depthcontrol
depthcontrol Member Posts: 41 Troubleshooter
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I recently updated my bios and downloaded the latest version for my laptop. However, I forgot to check the version before updating and just assumed I was not up to date and I am not sure if I already had the latest version. Are there any issues with installing the same BIOS version? Thank you. FYI the whole installation process went smooth and nothing has happened to my laptop and the bootups seem to be fine.

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    @depthcontrol
    same bios update not going to install, you updated older to newer

To check Open device→expand firmware→then post screenshot herr
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • depthcontrol
    @depthcontrol

Sorry, wait what am I checking?
  • depthcontrol
    @depthcontrol

https://gyazo.com/fd71fe60125bda694b7f41a18d8ca14a 

Is this the most recent one?
  • depthcontrol
    @depthcontrol

@depthcontrol

https://gyazo.com/018271f857fe7af5ef4225a40a445fa7?token=e93fceea0dd9ad6b7c42d1590c1e7e2c

I clicked update driver after the BIOS update finished and now it is this
  • GAMING6698
    @depthcontrol
    Looks like you updated bios version from v1.13 to v1.22(latest version)

Everything is ok👍👍

• depthcontrol
    @depthcontrol
    Looks like you updated bios version from v1.13 to v1.22(latest version)

Everything is ok👍👍
    Do you have any idea why it showed as 1.13 driver until I clicked update driver? I had already updated my BIOS before clicking update the driver and it was shown as 1.13 instead of 1.22.
  • GAMING6698
    edited May 2020
    @depthcontrol
    No problem it shows like this, that's why i ask you to check firmware in device manager.

Just Update this device

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited May 2020
    it is possible to reinstall the same version of the bios. what I suggest is that you access the bios and press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save and exit, to correct any bugs that may have remained, during the installation of the same version of the bios.

About the firmware driver, yes, it can show an older version without any problem. The problem occurs, when you still don't have the latest bios and windows update invents to update this driver and when you restart your computer, a screen appears with the ACER symbol and a green progress bar, indicating that windows update has run a bios update.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • depthcontrol
    it is possible to reinstall the same version of the bios. what I suggest is that you access the bios and press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save and exit, to correct any bugs that may have remained, during the installation of the same version of the bios.

About the firmware driver, yes, it can show an older version without any problem. The problem occurs, when you still don't have the latest bios and windows update invents to update this driver and when you restart your computer, a screen appears with the ACER symbol and a green progress bar, indicating that windows update has run a bios update.
    Can you clarify this restoring bios method? I just click F9 during my bootup? Then there will be a restore BIOS function?
  • depthcontrol

@depthcontrol
    No problem it shows like this, that's why i ask you to check firmware in device manager.

Just Update this device
    Additionally, in my systems information it shows that I have V 1.22 so is everything fine? Or should I try the method of restoring the bios still
  • Access the bios by pressing f2 before the Acer logo. Then press f9 and then f10.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • depthcontrol
    Access the bios by pressing f2 before the Acer logo. Then press f9 and then f10.
    Okay when I did this I clicked F9 and hit enter and then hit F10. When I hit F9 it said something about default configuration or something and then I hit yes. Afterwards I clicked F10 to save the changes and exited. Is that what I was supposed to do?
  • Yes my friend.This procedure must be done every time the user is going to update the bios.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• depthcontrol
    Yes my friend.This procedure must be done every time the user is going to update the bios.
    Is it okay if I repeat this process again to make sure I did it correctly?
  • It is not necessary. I also recommend that you reset the battery:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• depthcontrol
    It is not necessary. I also recommend that you reset the battery:
    Alright thank you also would you mine checking out my charger problem its on a different post of mine