Does the Acer Aspire V3-571 have blue tooth capability? I bought the machine back in 2012. Thanks.

rsarembock
rsarembock Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Does the Acer Aspire V3-571 have blue tooth capability? I bought the machine back in 2012. Thanks.

Answers

• tldees
    tldees Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, I purchased my V3-571 in August 2014...it did not have a blue-tooth adapter...I simply purchased a blue-tooth usb adapter/dongle and it works very well. I use a usb 3.0 hub plugged into the usb-3 port on the left side of the machine...I later purchased a broadcom mini pci card with bluetooth but could never get drivers to work. As I had upgraded the machine to w10-pro figuring drivers would find their way to the blue-tooth adapter...didn't happen...Mine has an i7 intel processor however this particular model V-3 main-board just may not support BT...here is the usb adapter I use; https://tinyurl.com/y8xegcpl
    Although my V-3 is six years old, its holding up very well. I ungraded to w10 pro, samsung 500gb 860-evo ssd, 16gb of ram...boots in under 30sec...I just replaced the keyboard also... B)  
  • rsarembock
    rsarembock Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi @tldees
    Thank you so much for your response. I agree although the computer is a few years old it works incredibly well. I have also done a few things to mine to make it faster etc. Buying a blue tooth adapter or dongle Is a very good idea I will look into it. 
    Thanks a lot!